Reports to the mailroom supervisor. Responsible for clerical tasks, systems and procedures related to the mailroom in compliance with Management & Tranining Corporattion (MTC) and Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) directives.
1. Perform varied clerical duties including performing data entry functions.
2. Perform input and output operations and make adjustments necessary to ensure schedules are met.
3. Perform duties including typing correspondence, form letters, accountablity forms, status reports and input/output forms in a timely manner.
4. Maintain files on department/records, cards, forms and correspondence sent, received and/or requiring further action.
5. Proofread records or forms; copy needed information from one record to another as required. Received telephone calls and visitor, tactfully referring to the proper individual.
6. Promote the development of positive social skills through modeling appropriate behaviors and intervening when inappropriate behaviors are observed; provide regular feedback to staff regarding social skills procedures and intervention techniques.
7. Maintain accountability of offenders and property; adhere to safety practices.
It is expected that the incumbent shall perform other duties as assigned within his/her capabilities a determined by management.
High school diploma or equivalent. One (1) year related experienc, including word processing or computer data entry experience required. Valid driver's license in the State of Texas with an acceptable driving record, unless waived by management.
Post Hire Requirements:
Must successfully complete annual in-service training requirements and pass an annual background check, both of which must be approved by TDCJ.
Management & Training Corporation (MTC) prepares prison inmates for re-entry into society. It provides a variety of academic,...