Handle all materials received in the Mail Center [receive, review, receipt, document, process, prepare, identify, separate, deliver, transport, etc.].
Physically distribute mail and Courier packages by cart, dolly or hand truck to and from various departments throughout the building.
Make timely collection of outgoing mail (letters, parcels, U.S. Postal, interdepartmental), using cart or, for larger items hand truck or dolly.
Deliver overnight mail.
Inspect deliveries for suspicious or threatening items.
Ship out products in a timely and accurate manner.
Pickup outbound boxes and packages from internal customer locations.
Ability to sort items into categories according to established methods.
Prepare items for processing, shipment or transportation.
Enter activity data in logs, maintain records.
Prepare and process outbound courier shipments using computer or service provider’s equipment [such as UPS].
Other duties as assigned by manager.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 1-2 Mail services related experience preferred with knowledge of commonly used Office Services procedures.
- 1-3 years experience with Microsoft Office Software (Word, Excel,).
- Excellent customer service skills; must possess a “can do” attitude.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to effectively work individually or in a team environment.
- Competency in performing multiple functional tasks.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to handle mail or hand cart, as well as flatbed.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Knowledge of using UPS, FedEx, DHL shipping methods.
- Assertive and resourceful; self motivated; willing to ask questions and take initiative be able to communicate clearly.
- Consistently demonstrates professional demeanor, appearance and attitude.
The Millennium Group - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard -