General Summary of Duties :
The Mailroom Clerk is responsible for handling all incoming and outgoing mail; inter-office correspondence, special mailing projects and parcels.
Typical Physical/Mental Demands :
Requires mobility. Requires prolonged sitting and standing. Ability to lift, carry, and maneuver a weight load of up to seventy pounds; reach up to seven (7) feet in height; and push and/or pull file cabinet drawers weighing up to fifteen pounds. Eye/hand coordination and manual dexterity. Ability to distinguish letters, symbols, and colors. Normal vision and hearing range.
Typical Working Conditions :
Work is performed in a variety of areas, such as the receiving warehouse, storeroom, freezer, and cooler and storage areas. Ability to tolerate varying conditions of noise level, temperature, illumination, and air quality.
Examples of Duties (includes but is not limited to the following) :
1. Date stamp incoming mail and sort for distribution to the correct departments.
2. Ensure outgoing mail is sealed and weighed.
3. Prepare all mail by ensuring postage is computed and applied and all mail is readied for pick-up via postal service, or overnight carrier.
4. Use of postage machines, computerized delivery tracking and billing systems will be required.
5. Participate in special high volume mailing projects
6. Perform other related duties as assigned.
Performance Requirements (knowledge, skills and abilities) :
Requires the ability to read, write, and understand English. Ability to perform basic math skills. Knowledge of postal scale and postal machine usage. Ability to operate office equipment (i.e., beeper, computer, telephone, copier, fax, postal scale, and postal mail machine).
Ability to communicate effectively and establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff. Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information. Knowledge, understanding, and compliance of policies and procedures, job descriptions, daily memorandums, chemical labels, and other instructions.
Requires high school education or equivalent.
One year mailroom experience preferred.
Valid driver's license required.
Fontainebleau Miami Beach
- 2 years ago - save job