Developers are responsible for the detailed design documentation, development, unit testing and maintenance of planned and unplanned internally developed applications created for internal business partners. Developers are also responsible for the design documentation, evaluation and system performance testing of externally purchased software products against major business processes and specifications. Responsible for including IT Controls to protect the confidentiality, integrity, as well as availability of the application AND data processed or output by the application.
- Write code for complex system designs (for example, dealing large # of interaction points, large # of tables and types of tables, complex business rules, etc.). Write programs that span platforms. Code to and/or create Application Programming Interfaces (APIs)
- Write code for developing new programs and maintain existing programs
- Review code developed by other Developers
- Provide input to / drive programming standards
- Write detailed technical specifications for entire systems (made up of several subsystems). Identify integration points. Review technical specs created by other developers. Ensure sufficient quality and compliance of documentation to architectural standards
- Report missing elements found in system and functional requirements and be able to explain impacts on subsystem and propose a strategy for filling gaps in documentation
- Scope” time, resources, etc. required to complete programming projects. Seek review from SA and/or Project Managers on estimates.
- Assist in reviewing vendor products. Provide SME input on compliance of products to architectural standards and impacts to IT environment
- Perform unit testing and debugging. Set test conditions based upon code specifications.
- Support transition of application throughout the Product Development life cycle. Document what has to be migrated.
- Work on integration issues and determines the integration approach. Coordinate with other areas for integration architecture solutions
- Assist technical team with defining configuration for installing products. May consult on database setup.
- Review vendor research and gap analysis
- Act as a
technical mentor to other team members
Visual Solutions Inc., a nationally recognized, robust Staff Augmentation and Information Technology (IT) solutions provider, provides training, enterprise level consulting and information technology support specializing in services for federal and state Government agencies and commercial clients. Since 1995, VSI has consistently delivered excellence and expertise in the latest technology solutions to many Fortune 500 businesses, government agencies, the military, and educational institutions. Our corporate headquarters are in Jacksonville, Florida with nationwide service locations.
- Must have an expert level understanding of systems development life cycle and various industry Product Development Methodologies.
- Must have a strong understanding of database design methodologies.
- Must possess a solid understanding of the different operating systems (e.g., Unix, MVS, etc).
- Must have an advanced understanding of coding design and documentation protocol as well as unit testing, change management and release procedures.
- Must have an expert level demonstrated proficiency using debugging tools and versioning tools
- Must have an advanced demonstrated proficiency programming in Mainframe, COBOL, CICS, CICS web browser, DB2, JCL
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in XML, HTML
- A strong demonstrated proficiency using standard desktop applications such as MS Suite and flowcharting tools such as Visio.
- Must have an advanced demonstrated proficiency using SQL or similar query language.
mentoring / or leading other development
If this position appeals to you, send your resume to:
Visual Solutions Inc.