Responsible for producing and delivering fully tested computer programs from business requirements and/or program specifications on time, and according to specifications. This includes creating appropriate program documentation, and addressing operational and program discrepancies on schedule, within prescribed limits, and in accordance with client requirements and departmental standards.
Assumes responsibility for task/project completion in an accurate and timely manner. Participates in career development, and continues expansion of role as a team player. Adheres to department practices, standards, policies, procedures, and methodologies. Applies technical knowledge and skills to complete and document complex projects. Understands the application and/or area as it relates to assigned projects/tasks and how the functional area interacts with other functional areas. Pursues career development through continued training. Pursues and assumes additional responsibility. Assists supervisor in providing estimates of work effort and impact of projects and tasks. Begins to assume a leadership in respect to on-call responsibilities and daily issues. Assists junior programmers in becoming active participants in maintenance functions. The Senior Programmer/Analyst plans advanced and functionally defined assignments and goals, with alternatives, actions, and results clearly specified. Participates in the design, creation and delivery of detailed, complex program specifications, and masters the programming process in both development and production support situations. The Senior Programmer/Analyst has a broad understanding of his/her role in the department and division, the structure of the company, and the corporate culture. May supervise no more than two level 1 and/or II team members.
Prog Analyst Sr.
Four year college degree and 4 or more years professional experience or 6 or more years professional experience is required. Appropriate TSYS experience is preferred. Master's degree in computer science, including mainframe language courses is preferred.
Prog Analyst Lead
Four year college degree and 6 or more years professional experience or 8 or more years professional experience is required. Appropriate TSYS experience is preferred. Master's degree in computer science, including mainframe language courses is preferred.
- Assists in the building of an effective team
- Demonstrates initiative
- Demonstrates an awareness of service to internal and external customers
- Mentors junior team members
- Understands advanced project management concepts: decision making, recognizing/resolving issues
- Actively participates in the Performance Development process with supervision
- Demonstrates effective analytical and problem solving skills
- Pursues and assumes new/additional opportunities
- Establishes and completes training plan with supervision; attends and completes classes, demonstrating proficiency in area of training.
- Utilizes manuals and other reference materials as necessary to complete assigned tasks
- Understands the business aspect of projects
- Assumes responsibility for success or failure of assigned projects
Skills and Competencies
- Asks for help/seeks advice
- Listens well when receiving instruction and information
- Proactively shares ideas and information
- Provides clear and concise documentation in accordance with standards
- Informs supervisor of project status on a regular basis
- Demonstrates effective written and oral communication
- Reports issues to supervisor in a timely manner and recommends solutions
- Communicates well with other groups, as well as within the department
- Provides guidance and assistance to internal and external customers in technical and application areas
- Demonstrates knowledge of utilities and applications on PC and computer systems utilized
- Demonstrates advanced level of proficiency in assigned programming language(s)
- Understands and utilizes database and file structure in program design
- Analyzes, designs and develops batch and transaction-based (e.g., CICS, MQSeries) applications to meet business and technical requirements
- Effectively uses programming development and/or issues methodology and tools
- Understands problem identification and utilizes problem management processes
- Demonstrates job knowledge/interactions within and across functional areas
- Communicates with client as subject matter expert regarding technical issues
- Determines efficiency and impact of programs on systems within assigned functional area
- Effectively develops and interprets technical specifications
- Develops test plans and completes required testing for assigned projects
- Attends to details
- Manages time productively
- Effectively utilizes time and project tracking tools
- Manages multiple tasks/priorities
- Attends and actively participates in meetings
- Demonstrates effective presentation skills when leading meetings
- Use of a pager when on call
- Overtime may be required
- Adjusts easily to change in the workplace
- Maintains cooperative attitude
- Seeks and accepts additional responsibility willingly
- Supports company standards and policies
- Displays professionalism in both conduct and dress
Total System Services, Inc.
Tracie L Ennis
TSYS - 9 months ago
copy to clipboard -
44 million times each day, the people of TSYS® improve lives and businesses across the world by processing a payment. We make it...