Manages Front of House and Mendel Center Box Office operations. Manages, assigns, reviews and participates in the work of staff and volunteers. Manages Front of House show contract execution. Ensures exceptional service at all points of customer contact.
1. Serves as House Manager during performances and events, coordinating communication between box office, volunteers, security, and the technical staff for Mainstage and Hanson Theatre events to ensure exceptional customer service and a safe and enjoyable patron experience.
2. Manages box office and online ticket operations, including system administration, special ticket fulfillment, reports and lists, personnel, and training. Reconciles and deposits daily box office sales, and manages customer ticket files.
3. Recruits, trains, manages, and schedules the 150+ member Mainstage volunteer corps for events and projects; serves as volunteer database administrator; writes and distributes monthly newsletter for volunteer corps.
4. In the absence of the Mainstage Director, assumes overall day-of-show operations responsibilities including management of artists’ needs, technical and facilities troubleshooting, and hospitality coordination with Conference and Event Services.
5. Manages facility reservations and ticket reservations within scheduling and ticketing systems.
6. Manages and staffs food/house souvenir concessions and artist merchandise concessions. Manages inventory and tracks sales and reconciles deposits.
7. Trains and manages at-will Front of House and Box Office staff.
8. Performs other duties as assigned.
Under the direct supervision of the Mainstage Director, the Mainstage Front of House Manager supports Mainstage and Hanson Theatre’s internal and external clients. Provides general support to Box Office operation and ticket sales. Supervises part-time and at-will staff.
Associate’s degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred. Performing Arts or related field preferred. Three or more years’ experience in the performing arts required. Strong interpersonal, customer service skills and confidentiality required. Beginner to intermediate user with MS Office Suite. Work is fast paced, with multiplicity of details and requires a flexible daily and weekly schedule. Must be able to work a variable schedule including extended work days, evenings and weekends.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Official college transcripts from highest degree earned required upon hire.