MAINTENANCE COM Laborer
Statement of the Job:
Primary responsibility is to perform maintenance functions in the community, including rental units, office buildings, residential areas, grounds and parking lots. Perform general maintenance and repair of building structures and associated mechanical, electrical, plumbing, sanitary systems and equipment. Ensure that all service is performed safely and results in favorable customer feedback which is documented by favorable customer service survey results.
Reports to one of the maintenance managers (Director of Maintenance or Assistant Director of Maintenance) depending on the task at hand. In the absence of their primary supervisor, reports to maintenance manager on site. Works cooperatively with all other property management personnel.
Minimum Experience Requirement:
Must have at least two years of maintenance experience in the residential real estate industry. Must demonstrate the completion of customer service skills training. Must have valid drivers license.
- Provide cleaning, maintenance and rehabilitation of property. Duties include, but are not limited to, cleaning, painting, interior/exterior decorating and maintenance, lawn maintenance, replacement of lights, debris removal, plumbing, electrical work, roof repairs, heating/air system maintenance, appliance evaluation and repair, smoke detector maintenance, relocation of furniture/fixtures, etc.
- Assist one or more workers in the skilled maintenance trades by performing specific or general duties of lesser skill, such as keeping a worker supplied with materials and tools; cleaning working area, machine and equipment; assisting journeyman by holding materials and tools; and performing other unskilled tasks as directed by journeyman. The kind of work the helper is permitted to perform varies from trade to trade.
- Serve as a trades helper. In some trades, the helper is confined to supplying, lifting, and holding materials or tools, and cleaning working areas; and in other trades, is permitted to perform specialized machine operations, or parts of a trade that are also performed by workers on a full-time basis.
- Install stoves, refrigerators, dishwashers and other electrical and gas appliances.
- Transport appliances. Connect appliance power source
- On-call emergency repairs and completes repairs as directed by immediate supervisor or other organization management representatives.
- Completes and submits all required paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Ensures that all customers are given customer service surveys at the completion of service.
- Keeps supervisor well-informed of activities, results of efforts, problems identified/potential problems, etc.; recommends corrective actions to supervisor.
- Works cooperatively and conducts oneself in a professional manner at all times when in contact with consumers, staff, sub/contractors, monitors and the general public. Deals with customers and others in a diplomatic and positive manner.
- Demonstrates good verbal, written and listening communication skills as measured by accuracy, completeness and timeliness of work.
- Maintains a thorough working knowledge of and adheres to the corporate/project policies, procedures and regulations.
- Wears prescribed uniform, including footwear, at all times during work hours
- Attend meetings, trainings, workshops and seminars as position requires
- Loads and unloads trucks and other conveyances; moves supplies and materials to proper location by wheelbarrows or hand trucks; stacks materials for storage or binning; collects refuse and salvageable materials.
- Transports equipment to job sites.
- Repair and fabricate window and door screens and frames
- Digs, fills and tamps earth excavations; levels grounds using pick, shovel, tamper and rake; shovels concrete; cleans culverts and ditches; cuts tree and brush; operate power tools and lawn mowers.
- Moves and arranges heavy pieces of furniture, equipment, appliances and machinery
- Removes floor tile, sheet vinyl, ceramic floor tile and plywood. Removes damaged drywall.
- Operate power blowers or use brooms to clean roof tops, sidewalks and driveways of leaves and debris. Ensures work-site clean up.
- Promotes and practices IIF ( I ncident and I njury F ree) safety culture at all times and adheres to GMR’s ( G lobal M inimum Safey R equirements) at all times.
- Adheres to company’s stated sustainability policies and goals.
- Performs their duties as assigned.
Full-Time employment working 40 hours per week with some overtime during peak periods. Usually Mon. – Fri with some weekends necessary.