Coordinating, planning, and scheduling non GxP and GxP service request work orders, preventive maintenance work orders, and repair work orders associated with the Novato, San Rafael, and Brisbane campus. Coordinate with various trades (HVAC, electrical, mechanical, and construction) and disciplines (Engineering, EH&S, Validation, QC, Compliance, Metrology, Material Management, and Manufacturing Sciences). Requires an understanding of various utility and mechanical systems (UPW, PSG, HVAC, and CDA). Provide overall support for GxP and non GxP facilities operation. Performs semi skilled and skilled repair, and preventative maintenance on facilities and equipment.
• Proficient in using Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) and Building Management Systems (BMS).
• Assign CMMS preventive maintenance, service request, and repair work orders.
• Prioritize, plan, and schedule service request, repair, and preventive maintenance work orders. This requires coordinating multiple disciplines and trades, Engineering, EH&S, Validation, QC, Compliance, Material Management, and Manufacturing Sciences, Metrology, construction, electrical, HVAC, refrigeration, and plumbing.
• Coordinate between departments and function as the point of contact for e.g., HVAC, electrical, janitorial, and landscaping issues.
• Review CMMS work orders for accuracy and completeness.
• Perform and complete service requests, preventive maintenance, and repair work orders.
• Maintain detailed and accurate records as necessary in order to maintain GMP and department procedure compliance.
• Maintain compliance with company and OSHA safety standards.
• Active member of BERT.
• Follow company polices described in the Employee Handbook.
• Comply with Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
• Order parts.
• Respond to equipment alarms.
• Provide backup assistance for the Maintenance Manager.
• Other projects/tasks as assigned by management.
• Scope is critical to the ongoing operation of utilities and physical plant, and therefore indirect impact on expenses.
• No impact on capital investment, revenue, or headcount.
• AS/AA Degree
• Trade School Certificate
• Technical School
• At least 4 years experience in a structured maintenance program; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Leadership skills
• Experience in a biotech GMP or other highly regulated environment required.
• Skills in planning, scheduling, and establishing priorities.
• Must be able to work independently and have a high mechanical aptitude.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Able to maintain accurate and legible records.
• Knowledge of cGMPs
• Must be able to consistently demonstrate self-initiative to identify, research, and solve facility equipment problems involving complex variables in poorly defined situations.
• Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, standard operating procedures, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
• Ability to speak effectively before employees of the organization.
• Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
BioMarin Pharmaceutical - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -