Pittsburgh Glass Works (PGW), the #1 manufacturer and distributor of automotive glass has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Coordinator. This position will be located at our plant in Evart, Michigan. We offer an exciting and fast paced working environment, challenging responsibility, and a competitive compensation and benefits package.
Supervise skilled and unskilled maintenance personnel in the maintenance of equipment, plant facilities, buildings, grounds and environmental control systems in support of manufacturing operations. Work with manufacturing supervision to schedule preventive maintenance and repair of production equipment, electronics, and facilities, and work with supervision, engineers, and outside contractors to maximize plant efficiencies and machine up-time. Responsible for building maintenance, mechanical, electrical, and electronic repairs of production of equipment. Direct the installation, troubleshooting, and repair of PLCs, robots, and various computer based machine monitoring systems. Strong knowledge of industrial diagnostic and problem solving techniques including utilization of PLC ladder logic as a problem solving tool. Utilize and implement a preventative maintenance program for all plant equipment. Work with manufacturing and engineering in the development, design, and installation of new equipment and improvements to the manufacturing process. Work with and supervise outside vendors and contractors with service of equipment, facility repairs and new installations. Assist manufacturing and engineering to ensure that manufacturing systems meet technical specifications and expected performance levels. Perform a leadership role in the facility’s safety program including participation in the Safety Teams as needed, adherence to LOTO, safety inspections, and machine guarding programs. Ensure that staff utilizes safe work habits and adherence to safety and environmental guidelines. Assist in maintaining regulatory compliance obligations for operating permits and required reports. Administer staff development through training, timely use of performance evaluations and ongoing feedback. Address performance deficiencies through counseling and discipline.
The role's principal accountabilities include:
1. Manage Preventative Maintenance Program – responsible for monitoring unscheduled downtime performance and managing systems to reduce unplanned downtime
2. Safety/EHS – enforce safety polices and EHS procedures including, LOTO and verifying machine guarding requirements are met.
3. Troubleshooting Activities – direct troubleshooting efforts to reduce line downtime improving meantime to repair.
4. Problem Resolution – apply sound root cause analysis methodologies to problem resolution.
5. Administration – perform difficult and complex projects requiring independent judgment, initiative, and discretion. Address performance issues with direct reports and manage training needs.
6. Team Leader -participate on improvement teams as needed.
7. Project Activities – lead equipment installs, rebuilds and participate in design decisions.
8. Communication - regularly communicate with management. Communicate lessons learned and resources required
9. Building Infrastructure – maintain and monitor facility needs such as compressors, substations, parking lot maintenance and roof repair.
10. Layered Process Audits – monitor Maintenance LPA process for completion and effectiveness of the audits.
Compensation and Benefits
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes:
• Competitive starting salary based on applicable experience
• 401(k) Savings Plan
• Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
• Flexible Benefit Spending Account
• Short-term Disability, Long-term Disability, Accidental Death and Dismemberment and Life Insurance coverage
• Paid holidays and vacation
• The successful candidate will undergo a background check, drug/intoxicant screen and pre-placement physical exam to determine if there are any restrictions in performing the job.
• The candidate must meet employer’s driving qualifications where driving is a job requirement.
• Pittsburgh Glass Works is an equal opportunity employer and encourages female and minority applicants.
• We would like to thank candidates who submit an application for this position. Due to the volume of resumes that we receive, only candidates who have been selected for interviews will be contacted.
• To learn more about PGW, please visit our website at www.pgwglass.com.
A Bachelor's Degree with a minimum of three to five years of maintenance and technical experience in a manufacturing setting using best practices in maintenance activities and work processes as well as two to three years of supervisory experience. Ability to operate, troubleshoot, and maintain both automated and semi-automated production equipment and computer software programs. Proficient with PLC’s (Allen Bradley) and robotics (Kuka preferred not required). Above average communication skills to effectively convey and follow instructions to all levels of the organization. Ability to effectively multi-task, manage time, delegate tasks, set schedules, prioritize assignments and maintain accountability. Self-starter who requires minimal direct supervision, with the ability to obtain necessary information to make decisions. Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of variables. Strong mechanical ability, technical skills, knowledge of hydraulics and pneumatics, plumbing, and ability read and interpret mechanical and electrical drawings. Ability to work overtime as required. Knowledge of OSHA requirements (particularly LOTO) and environmental requirements. Proficient in standard business related computer software such as Word, Excel, and Microsoft Outlook.
Must possess good interpersonal skills for ongoing interactions with peers, supervisors, managers, suppliers and contractors. Computer skills required for this position include a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, (EXCEL, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Pittsburgh Glass Works (PGW, formerly PPG Auto Glass) has your car's windshield covered. The company manufactures automotive OEM...