Directs and performs the preventative maintenance and repair in a world class distribution center to assure safe, efficient, and reliable operations. Supervise and perform all duties in compliance with facility policies, rules, and regulations on safety, conduct, and housekeeping. Protects the company’s investments in machinery, equipment, and facilities by exercising care, skill, & knowledge. Conduct or assist in the management of the facility and grounds. Assist with the design, construction, or modifications to existing facility and equipment. Supervise the maintenance and custodial staff & functions.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Supervise, direct and manage performance for maintenance and custodial staff in a 1shift operation to eventually move to a 2-shift operation.
• Partner with facility leadership, engineering and employees to develop, execute and maintain productivity and process improvements.
• Supervise, perform, & support safe and healthy work practices, while strictly following all safety rules and regulations. This includes insuring OSHA compliance in all areas & activities of the maintenance and custodial teams.
• Maintain neat, clean, orderly work areas.
• Establish and maintain maintenance standards of worldwide distribution center Expedite the repair of in-house equipment to ensure proper support for the distribution center.
• Conduct or assist in the building repairs and alterations, preventative maintenance of equipment, ground maintenance, and janitorial services.
• Establish, execute, and manage a computer aided, proactive preventive maintenance programs and record keeping of all conveyor and material handling equipment.
• Coordinate the installation and debugging of material handling systems and plant equipment.
• Work comfortably with 120 volt single phase up to 480 volt three phase power systems.
• Troubleshoot and repair PLC input and output modules, scanners, and photo eyes.
• Troubleshoot and repair all aspects of material handling equipment & trucks including motors, gear reducers, chain and belt drives, motor controls, and lubrication systems. (e.g. conveyers, reach trucks, forklifts, etc.)
• Perform specific maintenance duties to include: electrical, plumbing, mechanical, HVAC, janitorial and building and grounds.
• Order supplies and maintenance items while maintaining compliance with the budget.
• Perform special projects as assigned.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
1. Minimum two year technical degree or equivalent experience.
2. 3-5+ years plant services experience required with mechanical, electrical maintenance, plumbing and HVAC systems experience. Metal working experience is a plus (including welding and fabrication skills).
3. Knowledge of OSHA/safety guidelines, procedures and policies related to maintenance and repair (such as Lock Out/Tag Out, OSHA 10 hour or 30 hour training).
4. General background and knowledge of power transmissions.
5. Prior experience in maintenance of material handling equipment.
6. Licensed or Journeyman Electrician Preferred but not required.
7. Experience in distribution and/or manufacturing start up preferred.
8. Proven communication skills, both written and verbal.
9. Availability and willingness to work overtime as required; "on-call" duty is required.
10. Ability to work well with little supervision.
11. Capacity & comfort to easily work on a platform lift up to 34 ft from ground.
12. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds.
Distribution Center and Warehouse environment. Occasional off-shift and weekend work required.
A bump in the road is big business for Polaris Industries. The company is one of the world's top makers of off-road...