PRINCIPAL AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
General Maintenance of Facilities
· Vacuum, mop and sweep entry, hall, and work areas daily as needed.
· Strip/wax rubber floor steps quarterly.
· Strip/wax bathroom floors quarterly.
· Strip/wax office hard surface areas as needed.
· Rent and operate carpet cleaning equipment to spot clean as needed.
· Dust office areas and common areas, stairwells, dividers, sills, cabinets, desks.
· Replace or paint ceiling tiles as needed.
· Clean windows in traffic, entries A/R, all others, in and out, up and down, annually.
· Sanitize restrooms, mirrors, sinks, counter top, divider surfaces and fixtures daily.
· Clean areas around dumpsters and outside of building.
· Empty trash daily and recycling containers as needed.
· Supply paper and soap to all sink areas daily.
· Clean / setup conference rooms for special events, check schedule, clean afterwards.
· Vacuum cylinder room roof and upper window ledges in Materials Lab as needed.
· Monitor exterior storage and garage areas and work with departments to keep clean.
· Open or Close building, set security at end of day, as required.
· Sweep/vacuum and keep janitor, elevator, & electrical rooms clean.
· Clean offices and cubicles in preparation for new staff.
Administration of Facilities:
· Maintain maintenance chart to track cleaning of individual areas.
· Maintain a calendar for daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual tasks
· Order supplies such as, cleaners and paper products and maintain nominal stock.
· Order and place signage as appropriate.
· Accumulate and recycle batteries and count and recycle fluorescent tubes.
· Schedule and escort security, HVAC, and other vendor activities personnel.
· Perform all duties in a safe manner.
· Attend safety committee meetings.
Mechanical Maintenance of Facilities
· Schedule HVAC Semi-Annual service and perform quarterly filter service
· Change HVAC filters on scheduled basis.
· Check water heaters and cylinder room monthly.
· Tighten and align doors and cabinet doors and drawers quarterly and as needed.
· Prime / paint railings, doors, frames and trim as needed.
· Periodic painting of offices, hallways and fences.
· Repair / paint fences and bollards as needed.
· Change lights as needed and recycle bulbs.
· Cut and edge trim grass around buildings, fence and pond area.
· Apply fertilizer and weed killer to lawn and pond area.
· Trim trees, bushes, shrubs, by buildings and entry ways and remove brush.
· Operate sprinkler system and/or utilize hoses.
· Re-striping of parking lot as needed.
· Plow and shovel snow on lots, walks and entryways in winter. Earlier arrival required.
· Winterize and summerize lawn and snowplow equipment.
· Grease and replace belts, etc.
· Mix fuel / oil ratios as required.
· Attach / detach plow when needed.
· Operate fork lift and BobCat when needed.
· Reliable and able to prioritize work and complete tasks with minimal supervision.
· Prior cleaning experience and demonstrated mechanical and maintenance skills.
· Ability to occasionally climb a ladder and reach high surfaces.
· Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. (Supplies, equipment, show shoveling).
· Ability to work outdoors for extended periods of time.
· Certified to operate Forktruck or BobCat with forks, bucket, or plow.
· Ability to operate lawn mower, hedge trimmer, and other landscape equipment/tools.
· Effective communication skills.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
Proud to be an AA/EEO/Veteran Friendly Employer
American Engineering Testing, Inc. - 17 months ago