T he Bristal Assisted Living, Long Island’s premier provider of senior living is expanding into Bergen County NJ . Our newest location in Woodcliff Lake, NJ will bring the same quality, care and attention that we have given to so many Long Island Residents. We provide a safe and nurturing environment nestled in surroundings that are luxurious and comfortable. We are, therefore, looking for an experienced hands-on Maintenance Director who will take a leadership role in the post construction phase at this startup community and continue after opening to coordinate and direct the Maintenance Department and Maintenance Staff.
Some responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and assure performance of all preventative maintenance schedules.
- Visually inspect all common areas on a daily basis to ascertain maintenance needs.
- Prepare work schedules and follow up for maintenance personnel by managing and delegating the work orders and maintaining schedules.
- Set up periodic inspections of the total property systems of checking such items as roof, building façade, parking lots, grounds, signs, etc
- Initiate, supervise and maintain an up-to-date repair record on all equipment and maintain an up-to-date work list for the job and ensure all work is completed in a timely and effective manner with respect to assigned priorities.
- Initiate a training program to insure training is implemented and completed by all maintenance personnel, inspects all fire fighting equipment according to time period and instruction required by law.
- Operate and maintain all buildings and grounds, all security and transportation systems in accordance with Federal, State and local OSHA standards.
- Inspect vacated apartments and complete the painting, repair and general refurbishment within the prescribed time frame.
- Head up the Safety Committee
- Respond to maintenance emergencies at any time needed.
- Maintain grounds and outside areas of building, including and not limited to: sprinkler system, outside lights, driveway and parking lots, in a clean and working condition.
- Continuing education regarding maintenance methods, chemicals and standards.
WORKING CONDITIONS :
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must demonstrate skills in all phases of building and equipment maintenance, cleanliness and repairs as well as skill in personnel selection and management to meet the needs within the the entire facility.
- Experience with HVAC, plumbing, carpentry and general maintenance
- A minimum of five (5) years experience as a supervisor with documented evidence of varied skills and abilities.
- Acceptable working knowledge of MS Office.
- Building operations are open 24 hours, 7 days per week.
- Heavy lifting up to fifty (50) pounds 20%
- Operation of machinery and electrical equipment 60%
- Exposure to harsh chemicals 20%
- Climb A Frame and Extension ladders of up to 32 feet both inside and outside 40%
- Shovel snow from walkways, as needed
- Endure unregulated weather: cold in the winter and hot in the summer
- Walking 90%
- Reaching 90%
- Bending 40%
- Driving 20%