This position is responsible to perform electrical maintenance for the entire facility. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives direct supervision from the
Facilities Security & Maintenance Manager
and does not exercise supervision over any other position.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Troubleshoot, analyze and repair all electronic high and low, AC/ DC (high powered) voltage within existing buildings, warehouses, and power lines. Restores and maintains all stationary electrical machinery and all P.L.C. (Programmed Logical Controls) equipment.
- Install and maintain all electronic computerized drives within the buildings and warehouses that controls the conveyor system.
- Mechanically installs small and large electrical motors.
- Special projects for the Department Manager
- Performs preventative maintenance on preexisting electrical wiring, breakers, and voltage regulators
- Performs electrical installation on buildings, warehouse infrastructures, and stationary conveyor systems
- Performs mechanical maintenance within and around buildings and warehouses
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of industrial electrical experience
- Must have current and valid maintenance Electrician License
- Must have stationary electrical machinery and all P.L. C. (Programmed Logical Controls) equipment experience.
- Must have experience with electronic computerized drives
- Must have intermediate communications skills to read, write, and speak English
- Must be able to work (flexible hours) long hours including nights, overtime, weekends and holidays as needed
- Subject to physical and/or DOT Screening is required along with other tests as applicable
- The employee is continuously required to grasp, exercise repetitive wrist motion, and finger movement.
- The employee is continuously required to talk and hear
- The employee is continuously required to stand and walk
- The employee is frequently required to climb, forward bend, squat, twist, pinch, and reach forward
- The employee must frequently lift, carry, push, or pull up to 55 pounds
- The employee is occasionally required to sit (while driving), grasp and exercise eye-hand coordination and eye-hand-foot coordination
- The employee is occasionally required to kneel, crawl, reach overhead, exercise repetitive foot motion, and eye-hand-foot coordination
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus
- Work is performed primarily in the shop/outdoors; exposed to all possible environmental factors such as extreme heat, rain, wind and high humidity during day and night shifts
- The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts
- The employee is occasionally exposed to dust, fumes, and airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high
- Moderate vibration though hands when using power tools and throughout body when operating power industrial equipment
- Report safety hazards
- Immediately report incidents involving injury, illness, or property damage
- Wear appropriate PPE as instructed by immediate supervisor
- Comply with all company safety policies, procedures, and rules
- Refuse any unsafe task or operation
- Participate in safety meetings and training
- Be constantly aware of their personal safety and that of their coworkers
- The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position
- The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change
Seaboard Marine - 21 months ago