The purpose of this position is to drive continues improvement initiatives in the maintenance department.
The Maintenance Engineering Leader will be a key player in creating and managing change in the maintenance organization.
Scope and influence
The Maintenance Engineering Leader will mentor and coach the NRV maintenance department toward World Class Maintenance (WCM) by implementing principles of the Volvo Production System (VPS) within the department.
This individual will interface with the Global Maintenance network and assure NRV is in line with the direction set forth by that group.
The Maintenance Engineering Leader will support the maintenance organization in providing leadership in the Volvo Way with energy, passion, and respect for the individual.
The Maintenance Engineering Leader must be able to apply and communicate knowledge to all levels of the organization to optimize the company’s maintenance and reliability processes and strategies.
- Institutionalize (become the way of life) the WCM philosophy by creating an environment where all employees are customer focused and have increased opportunities to contribute to the success of the enterprise and the security of their future
- Develop the proper equipment effectiveness measurements to show progress in our professional maintenance system
- Define methods & tools used to analyze potential equipment failure modes & failure occurrences
- Create the proper format to document failure modes, risks and preventative actions to minimize failure occurrences
- Conduct meetings and organize performance reporting for the maintenance system
- Ensure a well-functioning spare part management system
- Grow the use of the IMAINT system to document the necessary preventative actions, the unplanned failure modes and the corrective actions taken
- Implement the necessary feedback/follow-up systems to ensure compliance with the professional maintenance system
- Lead & train teams in root cause analysis
- Cultivate the production & maintenance team to continually look for opportunities to eliminate potential causes of equipment failure
- Participate in the Volvo Global Maintenance Network. Be willing to travel
- Willing to work on any shift to accomplish task
Key targets and results
Fulfilment of financial and operational KPI’s for maintenance such as:
- Mean run time between failures (MTBF)
- Mean response time to failures (MRTF)
- Work order completion rate
Essential educational and/or training qualifications and certificates
- Bachelors in electrical or mechanical engineering & a minimum of 5 years of experience in maintenance engineer, manufacturing engineering position; or Minimum of 10 years of experience in a maintenance engineer position at an automotive or highly automated facility
Preferred experience and knowledge
- Working knowledge of control logic, PLC’s electrical and mechanical equipment systems
- Analytical Skills: Recognizing patterns in data, information, or events, drawing logical conclusions, and making recommendations for action
- Leadership & Teamwork: Building co-operation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes
- Planning & Organization: Anticipating the organization’s future needs and structuring resources and actions in a logical manner
- Accountability: Taking the lead in getting the job done and accepting responsibility for personal actions, costs and results
- Creativity/Innovation: Reframing traditional patterns of thinking and applying new and evolving ideas, methods, designs and technologies
- Problem Solving/Decision Making: Taking a well-ordered approach to solving problems and acting despite obstacles or resistance
- Flexibility: Performing a wide range of tasks, responding to changes in direction and priorities, and accepting new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Volvo Group North America is an Equal Opportunity Employer