Maintenance: The Courtyard Marriott San Diego Central hotel in Kearny Mesa is looking for high energy, enthusiastic people to join as part time Engineer.
Hotel: Courtyard Marriott San Diego Central
Job Title: Engineer (part time)
Reports to: Chief Engineer
Positi It is the role of the Engineer to maintain the functionality of lighting, plumbing, temperature comfort, appearance, and basic functionality of all guestrooms, meeting rooms, and public spaces. The engineer must keep all hotel equipment in good repair with minimum down time by providing day to day maintenance and adherence to brand standards. Apply on-line at www.huntingtonhotelgroup.com .
Knowledge and Critical Skills/Expertise
- Responds to radio calls for all assigned areas for that day.
- Documents all work performed.
- Performs preventive maintenance on guestrooms, meeting rooms, public areas, restrooms, pool, kitchen, equipment, and gym per checklist and maintain all records.
- Explains to guests how to properly operate or use hotel equipment.
- Trouble-shoots and repairs housekeeping equipment.
- Trouble-shoots and repairs guest TV, phone, lights and furniture
- Delivers guest in company van to their desired destinations
- Ensures parking lot/sidewalks are clean of debris, stains, trash
- Makes minor electrical repairs (switches, outlets, ballasts, and light sockets)
- Makes minor plumbing repairs by changing out parts (toilets, diverter valve, pressure regulators, faucets, and small pumps)
- Understands and follows all job SOPs like JSA, Lockout/Tag-out, MSDS, and general safety.
- Has thorough understanding of hotel life safety systems (Fire panel, Emergency Generator, Transfer Switch, Sprinkler System).
- Takes equipment readings, meter readings, and material requisitions in a legible and orderly manner.
- Makes minor HVAC repairs (calibrate T-stat, filter, Condensate drains, fan motor assembly).
- Touches up interior finish work (paint, vinyl, sheet rock, touchup woodwork).
- Handles basic lock problems
- Maintains pool and spa in accordance with health code standards.
- Arrives to work on time for scheduled shift.
- Basic Skills – Active Learning, Active Listening, Critical Thinking, Monitoring, Reading Comprehension, Speaking, and Writing
- Social Skills – Coordination, Service Orientation, and Social Perceptiveness
- Complex Problem Solving
- Technical Skills – Equipment Maintenance, Troubleshooting, Operation Monitoring, Repairing, Installation
- Systems Skills – Judgment and Decision Making
- Resource Management Skills – Time Management
- Mechanical knowledge, Customer and Personal Service knowledge, and Public Safety and Security knowledge are required for this position.
- Previous maintenance experience required
- Local candidates only – San Diego County residents
- Includes exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting or uncomfortable
- Requires working in cramped work spaces and getting into awkward positions
- Includes exposure to contaminants
- Occasionally works in high, precarious places
- Regularly works in outside weather conditions
- Requires exposure to hazardous equipment, minor burns, cuts, bites or stings
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
- Body Positioning – Requires bending or twisting, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, requires kneeling, crouching, stooping or crawling, walking and running, and standing
- Requires lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and frequently lifting and/or moving up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lifting and/or moving more than 100 pounds.
- Vision – close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus are required for this job.
FLSA: non - exempt
This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. Essential and marginal job functions are subject to modification.
Huntington Hotel Group - 23 months ago