An Maintenance Engineer is responsible for providing effective and efficient maintenance, engineering and mechanical system support to hospital campuses, satellite facilities, and The Park in support of the Mission, Vision and Values of Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. Responsible for ensuring, within all regulatory agency requirements, that the buildings, equipment and grounds (where applicable) are maintained in a safe and aesthetically pleasing condition in order to provide an appropriate environment for the well being of all our customers.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Performs planned and general maintenance functions on systems and equipment including inspecting, testing, maintaining, installing and repairing.
Maintains accurate, legible records/logs of all work/rounds made in mechanical rooms and has a thorough knowledge of the major building systems operations and valve locations.
Uses hand, diagnostic and power tools relating to the physical plant equipment, and keeps tools, equipment and mechanical rooms in safe, clean organized working condition.
Assists Engineering Coordinator in purchasing parts, supplies and materials necessary for proper maintenance of the systems and equipment, in accordance with departmental procedures and observes proper on-site handling.
Meets all inservice requirements, complies with all System policies and procedures and understands and complies with infection control, safety and OSHA standards.
- High school education or equivalent is required.
- Must have 3 years of trade work related experience in one or more of the trades found in the hospital including, but not limited to, electricity, plumbing, HVAC, refrigeration, boilers, or locksmith.
- Must have license or specialty training in one of the trades listed above.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics required.
- Must be knowledgeable of systems and equipment found in the health care facility and all codes governing the inspections testing and operation of the equipment.
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must be able to work without direct supervision.
Children's Office Park
Hours Per Week
Children's Healthcare of Atlanta is a not-for-profit hospital system that specializes in pediatric health care, research, and...