The Maintenance Engineer requires competence in the depth and quality of tasks performed. It requires excellent judgment, planning and creativity, and the ability to make wise decisions from competing alternatives. This individual will anticipate need, take initiative, offer assistance to others, and act in a manner that resolves issues, consistent with corporate policy and the client’s objectives. This individual must project confidence and competence in presence, communication, and interaction. This individual should be detail and process oriented, and takes initiative towards creating and improving existing processes.
Location- Kansas City, MO
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate core competencies in the following areas:
All employees are accountable for compliance with all laws and regulations when performing their job duties. Each employee is expected to be familiar with the legal and regulatory requirements affecting his or her job responsibilities. It is the affirmative duty of each employee to carry out these responsibilities at all times in a manner that complies with all applicable legal and regulatory requirements. Employees must participate in required training on pertinent compliance laws and regulations as required by the company.
- To check operation of building HVAC systems daily to ensure proper operation. Notify property manager and/or approved contractors of issues for repair.
- To analyze and define problems with to HVAC problems in heat pumps, circulating pumps, chillers, boilers and other components of heating/cooling systems
- To inspect and pick-up of grounds (including garages), restrooms, common areas, shops, storage areas, smoking areas, docks, patios and other common areas, as assigned daily.
- To check all common area and tenant spaces lighting daily--replace bulbs as necessary.
- To analyze, define and problems with building electrical, lighting and plumbing components
- To check US and/or State flags, if applicable, daily. Order and replace as necessary.
- To maintain logs and records of repairs made and the purchase of the parts needed to make repairs
- To maintain a proper inventory of maintenance parts available for immediate repairs
- To be available to take overtime and emergency calls and to be part of the on-call system
- To complete minor painting, wall repair, tile repair, as directed; and, or work with contractors on repair projects when approved by the property manager.
- To program and maintain tenant database for electronic building access system.
- To maintain electronic locking systems of exterior doors; working in conjunction with appropriate contractors when approved by the property manager.
- To maintain time and work order records
- To respond to and resolve tenant service requests timely and efficiently; working with the property manager and/or contractors as necessary to reach resolution.
- To obtain third party vendor bids and assist in bid comparison as requested by property manager for contracted repairs.
- To, at all times, maintain the highest level of tenant relations
- To investigate and report potential mechanical system or other building related problems
- Other duties, as assigned
The successful candidate will possess the following required degrees, certificates or competencies:
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to safely, effectively and efficiently utilize, repair and maintain materials, equipment and power tools to include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Drills, sewer augers, power sanders;
- Paint, thinners, cleaners and chemical products typical in the maintenance of office buildings;
- HVAC equipment that includes spinning belts and pullies;
- Electrical, higher voltage equipment, working near and repairing same;
- Glass, removing broken material and replacing same.
- Ability to climb ladders and work on ceilings, as well as building rooftops up to 3 or more stories high or more
- Ability to lift items such as large bags of concrete and ice melt
- Ability to shovel large amounts of snow
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to communicate efficiently and effectively, both verbally and via written correspondence
- Ability to prioritize and organize workload
- Ability to efficiently meet set deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to acquire and maintain professional certifications, as required
- Ability to maintain a versatile and adaptable approach to work
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor with office personnel, residents, vendors and any other business contacts
- Ability to perform work in a discreet and confidential manner
- Ability to report to work on time and maintain normal office hours
- Ability to work beyond normal hours, as necessary
- Ability to effectively solicit assistance from others in response to workload demands, as appropriate
- Must have reliable transportation that can be used to arrive to work on time, and to be utilized on the job
- Must have a sound working knowledge of basic computer principles and concepts, including a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word and Excel.
These demands document the physical requirements of a specific job:
Criteria may include: Lifting , Carrying, Push/Pull, Sitting/Standing (In Place); On Feet, Walking, Bending, Turn/Twist; Kneeling; Squatting; Crawling; Climbing; Reaching (Out)/Reaching (Up), Grasping, Wrist Turning; Pinching; Finger Manipulation, Hearing, Talking, Working with a computer for eight hours, Working in close quarters. Communicating over the telephone for eight hours.
Compensation and Benefits
Competitive salary including a full range of health benefits, vacation plan, 401K and other benefits are available.
Colliers International provides equal employment opportunity to all persons. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against because of race, creed, origin, marital status, sexual orientation, age, otherwise qualified disabled or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Colliers Macaulay Nicolls, or CMN International, is the largest member of Colliers International's global network of affiliated...