Work with the property and engineering management in implementing and maintaining energy management, preventative maintenance, quality standards, operating objectives, and goals of owner for a group of buildings located Siler Spring and Rockville totaling 1,266,448 sq. ft. Primary location will be the Siler Spring building at 92,180 Sq ft. This must be done in a manner that not only protects, but also maximizes the value of the property. The Maintenance Engineer must exhibit outstanding client service and professionalism in all interactions with tenants and RMR staff. Teamwork and collaboration are critical to this position’s success.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
General Maintenance and Operation Duties:
- Perform all plumbing, electrical, carpentry, painting or HVAC requirements of the building(s).
- Maintain heaters, chillers, pumps, fan coil units, etc.
- Isolate and maintain distribution panels and MC panels safely.
- Monitor and adjust all mechanical/pneumatic equipment, control gauges, valves, thermostats, diffusers and other equipment necessary to provide a comfortable environment for the buildings.
- Repair doors, ceilings, hand railings, and floors.
- Perform preventative maintenance duties, including changing filters, greasing motors, replacing light bulbs & ballasts, inspecting/adjusting belts, replacing bearings, aligning shafts and annual inspections as directed by manufacturers’ recommendations.
- Inspect mechanical room equipment, fan room equipment, cooling tower, all motors, house pumps and sump pumps.
- Document and report activities through process used on site.
- Troubleshoot, evaluate and make recommendations to upgrade maintenance operations and/or implement savings opportunities.
- Possess competent knowledge of the use and care of tools and equipment used in facility and ground maintenance.
- Respond immediately to emergency situations and customer concerns.
- Inspect buildings, grounds and equipment for unsafe or malfunctioning conditions and report to management.
- Inspect new installation for compliance with building codes and safety regulations.
- Maintain and operate life safety/fire/building security systems.
- Perform welding, carpentry and snow removal when necessary.
- Comply with all applicable codes, regulations, governmental agency and company directives, as related to building operations and practice safe work habits.
- Daily communication with property management, engineering staff, security, tenants and contractors/vendors is vital.
- Understand OSHA guidelines and how to ensure that all equipment is maintained to guidelines/standards.
- Read and follow written and oral instructions.
- Convey thoughts and recommendations orally and/or in writing to supervisors, contractors and others in order to resolve building-related problems.
- Operate and use necessary manual and power-driven tools.
- Other miscellaneous tasks assigned by the supervisor.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- HVAC or electrical technical school training or equivalent experience.
- Experience with automated building management systems.
- Experience with painting, carpentry and cleaning is required.
- Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required.
- Ability to interpret mechanical, electrical blueprints and schematics.
- Manage own time on a daily basis with little supervision as well as the ability to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Must be able to handle multiple projects, changing priorities, and continually heavy workloads.
- May be required to work extended periods of time without relief, when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime-type assignments).
- Stooping, standing, climbing and frequent lifting of a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pump, tools, ladders) and ability to safely install rigging/lifting device.
- Lift and carry objects of up to 50 lbs. for distances of up to 30 feet.
- Climb ladders and stairs.
- Must be available to work overtime hours, as needed.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent client service skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Must be a team oriented and a problem solver.
Founded in 1986, Reit Management & Research LLC (RMR) is a privately held asset management company that manages one of the largest portfolios of publicly owned real estate in the United States with approximately $21.5 billion of assets under management, including more than 1,650 properties located in the 46 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and Ontario, Canada. RMR has approximately 790 employees in its headquarters and regional offices located throughout the country. RMR manages CommonWealth REIT (NYSE: CWH), an office and industrial real estate investment trust, or REIT; Hospitality Properties Trust (NYSE: HPT), a hospitality REIT; Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE: SNH), a healthcare REIT; a government property focused REIT, Government Properties Income Trust (NYSE: GOV); and Select Income REIT (NYSE: SIR), a REIT that focuses on net leased, single tenant properties; and also provides management and administrative services to two publicly traded real estate based operating companies: Five Star Quality Care, Inc (NYSE Amex: FVE) and TravelCenters of America LLC (NYSE Amex: TA). An affiliate of RMR, Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, is one of HPT's hotel managers; and another affiliate of RMR, RMR Advisors, Inc. is the investment manager of a publicly owned mutual fund, which principally invests in securities of unaffiliated real estate companies.
Reit Management & Research - 19 months ago
Residence Inn Greenbelt
Hersha Hospitality Management
- 3 days ago
Naval Sea Systems Command
Washington Navy Yard, DC
- 1 hour ago
Holy Cross Health
Holy Cross Health
- 11 days ago