The Maintenance Engineer reports to the Chief Engineer and maintains a working relationship with all Property Managers in his/her area for issues affecting their properties. Issues may range from tenant improvement work to preventive maintenance and repair of all building systems.
Maintain computerized or manual equipment logs that detail preventive work performed.
- Operates, maintains and logs all HVAC and MEP equipment under the direction of their supervisor.
- Complete tenant service requests and develops and maintains positive tenant relations through prompt, courteous response to tenant requests.
- Perform preventive maintenance on HVAC equipment, plumbing and electrical systems, as directed by the supervisors.
Record electrical meter readings and provide them to the chief engineer or property manager.
Cleans and paints all equipment and surrounding areas relating to equipment
and equipment rooms.
Assists in the ordering of stock and inventory of parts and supplies as needed.
Maintains professional appearance and manner at all times while in the complex.
Perform snow removal as needed.
Take meter readings on all meters and equipment as directed by their supervisors.
Make required repairs to all building systems.
Maintain a daily, written log book detailing the events of the day, the plant operation and any issues that arise.
- 3+ years of direct experience in the management of mechanical, electrical and plumbing operations for commercial office buildings.
- Strong hands-on refrigeration/HVAC troubleshooting experience mandatory.
- Individual should have experience in all aspects of mechanical, electrical, life/safety and plumbing operations in commercial office buildings.
- Must have experience with Preventive Maintenance and work order systems.
- Oversee and supervise service providers.
- Experience with computerized building management systems.
- Universal HCFC Certification.
- Refrigeration or Electrical License.
- Must have strong customer service skills working with tenants and clients.
- Must be flexible with working overtime as needed.
Founded in 1986, Reit Management & Research LLC (RMR) is a privately held asset management company that manages one of the largest portfolios of publicly owned real estate in the United States with approximately $21.5 billion of assets under management, including more than 1,650 properties located in the 46 states, Washington D.C., Puerto Rico and Ontario, Canada. RMR has approximately 790 employees in its headquarters and regional offices located throughout the country. RMR manages CommonWealth REIT (NYSE: CWH), an office and industrial real estate investment trust, or REIT; Hospitality Properties Trust (NYSE: HPT), a hospitality REIT; Senior Housing Properties Trust (NYSE: SNH), a healthcare REIT; a government property focused REIT, Government Properties Income Trust (NYSE: GOV); and Select Income REIT (NYSE: SIR), a REIT that focuses on net leased, single tenant properties; and also provides management and administrative services to two publicly traded real estate based operating companies: Five Star Quality Care, Inc (NYSE Amex: FVE) and TravelCenters of America LLC (NYSE Amex: TA). An affiliate of RMR, Sonesta International Hotels Corporation, is one of HPT's hotel managers; and another affiliate of RMR, RMR Advisors, Inc. is the investment manager of a publicly owned mutual fund, which principally invests in securities of unaffiliated real estate companies.
Reit Management & Research
- 2 years ago - save job