Viox Services, a wholly owned subsidiary of EMCOR Group, Inc., offers a complete package of facilities services from grounds and preventative maintenance to construction services and integrated facility management.
Job Title: Maintenance Helper
Job Summary: Viox Services has an immediate opening for a Maintenance Helper at our client site in Freehold, New Jersey. This position performs preventive maintenance, troubleshoots and repairs commercial property by self-performing or coordinating subcontracting of the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receives verbal instructions from client or dispatcher. Generates or receives CMMS work orders.
- Performs preventive maintenance work orders according to schedule.
- Replaces light bulbs.
- Maintains and repairs plumbing systems.
- Maintains and repairs interior and exterior finishes of buildings.
- Paints interior and exterior walls and trim, generally touch ups and repairs
- Performs small projects as assigned.
- May operate snow removal equipment to maintain sidewalks and parking areas.
- Operate scissor or boom lifts for light bulb replacement and to hang banners.
- May perform landscape maintenance.
- Keeps facilities clean in appearance, removing trash as required.
- Communicates effectively with client to determine and service needs.
- Contacts and requests Viox trades or subcontractor support as required.
- Coordinates and supervises Viox support while on site.
- Completes and submits paperwork accurately and on time.
- Manages time wisely, remains productive while working independently.
- Works required hours. Is available during non-work hours as needed and responds to emergency calls in a timely manner.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. EOE M/F/D/V
- High School graduate or G.E.D. is required. Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical trade school preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of general maintenance experience in a commercial environment including lighting, plumbing, carpentry, tile work or other maintenance is required.
- Scissor or Boom lift experience and certification preferred.
- Valid state driver’s license in good standing is preferred.
Click here to apply online
Electrical and mechanical construction is at the core of EMCOR Group. One of the world's largest specialty construction firms, EMCOR...