This position is an entry-level training and development position. This description is for mechanics that are required to perform troubleshooting, repair and preventive maintenance actions on all material handling equipment (MHE) and other facility support systems.
A teammate in this position must have the ability to:
- Perform basic scheduled maintenance repair of most required MHE equipment.
- Ensure spare parts usage, inventory and work order actions are accurately tracked and documented according to Company policy.
- Assist in other DC maintenance requirements such as, but not limited to:
- Refrigeration systems
- Building lighting
- Dock doors
- Air systems
- Tote washer
- Air spray painting
- Maximize availability of all classes of DC batteries by managing:
- Charging cycles
- Battery Rotation
- Specific gravity checks
- Cable serviceability
- Damage repair
- Develop a working knowledge in the required aspects of the McLane Maintenance Connection data base.
- Comply with all Company and industrial safety standards.
- Trained in McLane Equipment safety.
- Effectively communicate both written and orally with supervisor and peers.
- Follow directions.
- Work independently and in a team environment.
- Be trained and certified to operate any required equipment within 30 days after hire.
- Comply with company attendance policy.
- Maintain a flexible work schedule to meet the changing needs of the job.
- Work in warm and cold temperature conditions.
- Have 1 year of professional experience in industrial maintenance.
- Have 1 year of MHE maintenance experience.
- Be able to read and understand electrical schematics.
- Have experience with Distribution Center industrial equipment, including, but not limited to, forklifts, reach trucks, order pickers, tuggers and carts.
- Possess strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Have knowledge of OSHA regulations.
- Have basic computer skills with experience in a maintenance database such as MP2, DataStream 7i and Maintenance Connection.
- Be able to speak, read and understand the English language.
- Be able to successfully pass a physical capabilities test, drug screen and criminal background check.
- The environment encompasses all areas of a Distribution Center.
- This position requires the teammate to work inside the majority of the time.
- This position may require work in hot and cold temperature extremes and exposure to dust, dirt, fumes, noise, potentially harmful chemicals, solvents and components, and working in close to proximity to other teammates.
McLane - 5 months ago
You might say this company makes it convenient for stores and restaurants to get food. McLane Company is one of the largest wholesale...