Wesley Homes is currently seeking a Full-Time (32 hour per week) Maintenance II person to join our team at Lea Hill. Currently the schedule for this 32-hour per week position is 8:00am – 4:30pm Wednesday – Saturday. This schedule may change depending on the needs of the business. Benefits for this Full-Time position include Medical/Dental/Vision, 403(b) retirement savings plan, Paid Time Off (PTO), and more!
Under the direction of the Maintenance Lead, the Maintenance II performs maintenance tasks as assigned to maintain the building to which you are assigned and meet the needs of the residents. These tasks include, but are not limited to electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting. All tasks performed must meet or exceed industry-approved standards.
Listed below is an outline of the major duties and responsibilities that you will be required to perform. As a Maintenance II for your building, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility and accountability necessary to carry out your assigned duties.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Completes assigned tasks efficiently and effectively.
2. Maintain existing facilities and equipment in good repair as assigned by work order.
3. Install new facilities equipment as assigned by work order.
4. Upkeep of resident’s personal household items as assigned by work order.
5. Assist in moving resident(s) furnishings from one unit to another. Assist in setting up tables, chairs, etc. for various functions.
6. Assist in renovation of units for new occupancy.
7. Assist in the preventive maintenance program for facility equipment.
8. Perform assigned daily tasks as instructed by the building Maintenance Lead.
9. Participates in the “Snow Drivers Program”, during periods of heavy snow.
10. Assist in moving resident(s) furnishings from one unit to another
11. Assist in setting up tables, chairs, etc. for various functions.
12. Perform other tasks as assigned by your supervisor.
Work with the realization that errors may have serious consequences for residents as well as staff, and so therefore accuracy is expected in the performance of duties.
1. Good working knowledge in all aspects of building maintenance including, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, and carpentry.
2. Good working knowledge in the safe and proper operation of hand and powers tools required to perform assigned tasks.
3. Fundamental knowledge of basic construction principles.
C. Education or Formal Training:
1. High School education or equivalent is preferred.
2. Valid Washington State Drivers License is preferred
3. Will receive on-the-job training under close supervision.
D. Specialized Skills:
1. A strong background in plumbing, electrical, carpentry, HVAC, boiler operations and maintenance is desired.
A. Ability to work in all environmental conditions inside and outside the buildings.
B. Using proper body mechanics, must be able to lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
C. Ability to bend over frequently, always using proper body mechanics.
D. Ability to communicate, understand, speak, read, and write in the English language.
Wesley Homes is a not for-profit organization that provides a network of services offering a continuum of care for older adults. It is affiliated with the Pacific Northwest Annual Conference of the United Methodist Church.
Wesley Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a wonderful work environment.
Since 1944, Wesley Homes has provided housing and related services to older adults in the Puget Sound region. Methodist Reverend Stanley...