The primary responsibility is to train mechanics, avionics technicians, inspectors, supervisors,
materials personnel and, as requested, Flight Operations personnel, in the performance of
maintenance on all Company aircraft, engines, appliances and accessories in accordance with
approved Southern Air programs and the Federal Aviation Regulations.
Reports to the Manager Maintenance Training.
The Maintenance Training Instructor has overall responsibility and authority for :
1. Aides the Manager of Maintenance Training to establish and maintain an effective maintenance training program designed to meet high standards and encourage personnel proficiency, as described in Chapter 10.
2. Aides the Manager of Maintenance Training to establish and manage special courses on an “As Required” basis for company policies and procedures including Aircraft Maintenance Manual, IPC, etc.,
3. Aides the Manager of Maintenance Training in the development and continuous updating of study guides, handout materials and training aids, and CBT production for the following:
a. General Familiarization courses
b. Indoctrination classes
c. RII (initial and recurrent training)
d. CAT II & CAT II/III (initial and recurrent training)
f. Engine run up and Taxi (initial and recurrent training)
g. Electrical fundamentals
h. All ATA courses as required
4. Conduct initial courses for airworthy release and required inspection items training for
new personnel to meet the training requirements of Chapter 10.
5. Aides the Manager of Maintenance Training to maintain training files and qualification on all personnel trained under this program (to include exempt management personnel, if applicable) and ensure that easy retrieval, correction disposition and correct retention policy of training records is accomplished per Chapter 4 of this manual.
6. Aides the Manager of Maintenance Training in the management of the Read & Sign program
7. Act as liaison between Southern Air and Flight Safety Boeing, PW, GE and other vendors as required in the absence of the Manager of Maintenance Training.
8. Aides the Manager of Maintenance Training in the management of supplemental training programs for the following:
a. Deicing Training (both SAI employees and vendors)
b. Fueling Training (both SAI employees and vendors)
c. Essential and Non-essential maintenance providers.
9. Aides the Manager of Maintenance Training in conducting periodic auditing of files as listed in Chapter 4 and Chapter 10 of this manual.
10. Aides the Manager of Maintenance Training in developing and maintaining training materials for use in formal classes and self-study.
11. Schedule required recurrent training of personnel in coordination with the Vice President
of Technical Services and Director of Quality Control.
12. Submit periodic Technical Publication Change Requests (TPCR) for revision of Technical
Services and Operations manuals, as required.
13. Coordinate with the Vice President of Technical Services to arrange appropriate initial or
recurrent training of Southern Air Inc. Technical Services personnel and CFR 145 Repair
14. Periodically review training records on all Inspectors and designated Inspectors to
coordinate on-the-job and classroom training to increase cross utilization in the various
inspection areas, skills and techniques.
15. Perform any additional duties as requested by the Director of Quality Control.
16. Assist with analyzing CASS data and making recommendations to the CASS review board concerning Maintenance Training.
17. Aides the Manager of Maintenance Training in performing a self audit monthly and submitting report to Reliability Analyst for incorporation to the CASS report.
18. Attend monthly CASS meeting in the absence of the Manager Maintenance Training
19. Support, promote and uphold the companys’ three priorities, safety, security and quality.
20. Perform any additional duties as requested by Manager Maintenance Training.
1. Extensive knowledge of current aircraft & engine types.
2. Need thorough knowledge of current accepted practices in technical training.
3. The ability to present material in a manner easy to understand.
4. High degree of expertise in Adobe: Acrobat professional and photo-shop
5. Competent with Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Software programs including:
6. Must be able to operate scanning equipment and associated software applications
7. Familiar with revision and control of Maintenance Training publications
8. Familiar with revision and control of Maintenance Training databases
9. Capable of supervising and providing mentoring to Maintenance Training Instructor or support personnel
8. 5 years minimum experience in aircraft maintenance/maintenance training with at least 3 of these years in maintenance training on large aircraft.
9. Airframe and Powerplant license required.
10. Degree preferred.
11. Strong planning, organizational, leadership, interpersonal, decision making, oral and written communication skills
12. Must be able to lift twenty-five pound box training material.
13. Must be able to perform on-the-job training in and around aircraft and related equipment.
14. Must be able to travel internationally to provide recurrent training for Southern Air employees and vendors as required
Southern Air - 22 months ago