The Maintenance Department is responsible for the maintenance and reliability of all mill equipment and facilities, and to reduce production downtime for scheduled and unscheduled repairs. Specifically, the Maintenance Department manages maintenance job planning, preventive and predictive maintenance, maintenance engineering (electrical and mechanical), and the computerized maintenance management system (CMMS - CHAMPS) for the entire mill.
Actual responsibilities assigned will vary depending on the skills and qualifications of the person in the job and the evolving needs of the department. However, the initial responsibilities expected of this position include the following:
- Consistently monitor usage of Personal Protective Equipment by self and others and take corrective action to ensure proper usage when necessary.
- Determine needs and secure information required for equipment database and files.
- Update and create equipment records in the Champs database.
- Review, purge and update maintenance equipment files.
- Perform field survey and review existing files to collect data for equipment, and process control loops and components (valves and instruments), and collect essential data.
- Create or update drawings in AutoCAD.
- Create bills of materials for equipment and link to stores items.
- Standardize stores parts descriptions, identify duplicate items.
- Inventory satellite spares, and enter descriptions into Champs.
- Manage small Maintenance Engineering projects.
- Create or update preventive maintenance and standard operation procedures, and other technical documents.
- Interface and work closely with engineering, operations and maintenance personnel, as well as outside vendors and equipment manufacturers.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as requested.
Required Prior Accomplishments - Experience - Skills:
- Computer skills – basic Microsoft software skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint).
- CHAMPS Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) database software.
- AutoCAD software.
Education / Experience Requirements
Please apply online at www.appletonideas.com . No phone calls please. All offers of employment are contingent on a pre-employment physical and drug and alcohol screen. Appleton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
- Enrolled in mechanical, electro-mechanical or electrical engineering, or engineering technology program. Preferably have completed at least one year of study.
- Industrial manufacturing facility experience and knowledge preferred. Paper mill experience would be excellent.
Appleton - 17 months ago
Appleton creates product solutions through its development and use of coating formulations and applications and encapsulation technology....