P1 Group has an opening for a Maintenance Lead Engineer to work on an office building in Wichita, Kansas. This position is full-time. Candidates must be willing to work any shift – day, night or weekends
Summary and Nature of the Work :
- Inspect, test and perform Operations & Maintenance (O&M) preventative maintenance inspections on mechanical, electrical and automatic temperature control equipment utilizing results oriented strategies to ensure continuing operation. Some judgment is necessary to determine when assistance is needed.
- The incumbent directly contributes to the success of the company by maintaining the facility through preventative maintenance and assigned maintenance tasks.
About our company
- Education Experience: High school diploma or equivalent. Technical degree in HVAC or electrical is preferred.
- Experience: Must have a minimum of seven years experience as a Maintenance Engineer. Extremely high level of knowledge on HVAC and electrical equipment. Must have a CFC Universal certification for safe handling of refrigerants.
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a criminal background check and security check as applicable].
- Must be able to satisfactorily pass a motor vehicle record check. Must be able to meet P1 Group qualifications to operate a vehicle on company business. Must be at least 18 years of age. Must possess a valid driver’s license.
- Computer Skills: The incumbent must have basic computer skills.
- Customer Service - responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Language Skills:
- Reading and Comprehension : The incumbent must be able to read, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence.
- Mathematical Skills: The incumbent must be able to use basic math and construction/engineering mathematics skills.
- Planning/Organizing - prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Technical Skills - assesses own strengths and weaknesses; pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; shares expertise with others. Ability to read and interpret blueprints.
- Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Written communication - writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; able to read and interpret written information.
Since 1919, P1 Group, Inc. has created a proud tradition, outstanding reputation and proven performance record in the electrical and mechanical construction and building service industries. P1 Group has established itself as one of the premier contractors both locally and across the nation. Offering a challenging and fast-paced work environment, P1 Group takes pride in its ability to maintain a high standard of excellence along with an ethical and friendly business culture. Additionally, the safety program, which includes a full-time staff, has helped the company win numerous national safety awards.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer with a competitive salary and benefit package.
P1 Group, Inc. - 12 months ago