Through innovation and creative product design, CertainTeed has helped shape the building products industry for more than 100 years. Founded in 1904 as General Roofing Manufacturing Company, the firm made its slogan "Quality Made Certain, Satisfaction Guaranteed," which quickly inspired the name CertainTeed. Today, CertainTeed® is North America's leading brand of exterior and interior building products, including roofing, siding, fence, decking, railing, trim, foundations, pipe, insulation, gypsum, ceilings and access covers.
Headquartered in Valley Forge, Pa., CertainTeed and its affiliates have more than 6,000 employees and more than 65 manufacturing facilities throughout the United States and Canada.
Precision machine new and rework old parts to repair equipment.
Repair production equipment; track work requests and reorder parts.
Work on improving existing equipment, design and build new equipment.
Perform preventative maintenance tasks.
Complete project work which includes perform, track and update project status to supervisor.
Perform basic electrical trouble shooting and repair
Troubleshoot and repair the plant mechanical systems.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & ability:
• Must follow all established company and position policies, procedures and work rules
• Proper PPE is required for all jobs
• Must be able to lift between 5-25 pounds individually, up to 100 pounds with partner
• Job functions will require stand, walk, bend, lift, push, pull and hold power tools in hands during the course of a 10 to 12-hour workday. Stand/walking is required 100% of time (not including breaks/lunches).
• Must be able to identify problems, determine causes, identify solutions, verify that the solution has eliminated the problem, and follow up. Recognize recurring problems and work to eliminate them. Use continuous improvement principles to improve our safety, quality, service, and efficiency.
• Must be able to work flexibly between machinist work and floor support of production. Job is a duel role.
• High school or adult education courses in mechanical, electrical, and machining
• 2 year degree in a related field preferred
• 5 years related experience in a manufacturing facility
• OSHA electrical certification desirable.
• Must have a proactive safety first mindset
• Must be able to weld, fabricate fixtures and jigs, and operate standard machine shop equipment (mill, lathe, surface grinder, etc.)
• Must be able to work overtime with little or no notice
• Must be on-call during scheduled days, rotating nights & weekends with other maintenance employees.
• Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and housekeeping
• Must have a positive attitude and a strong relationship skills with entire workforce
• Must provide own tools
SAINT-GOBAIN - 2 years ago
There's no uncertainty about CertainTeed's business. A subsidiary of French industrial giant Compagnie de Saint-Gobain,...