At Archstone, being an Engineering Manager / Maintenance Manager isn’t just about energy management, HVAC systems, mechanical, plumbing, security or the apartment grounds; it’s about the people you lead. Whether you are in a 300 unit garden style or 1,000 unit high rise property, it’s about your management, developing your team to recognize problems before they happen and correctly solving them the first time.
Being a Maintenance Manager at Archstone isn’t like any other apartment building, property or hotel. At Archstone, apartment service management and maintenance management are more than just a collection of electrical, HVAC, mechanical components, tenants and units. It’s a community that redefines property management. As the Maintenance Manager / Engineering Manager you lead Archstone’s efforts by continuing to shape and define a great experience for our residents, team members and vendors.
As the Engineering Manager, you are responsible for the appearance and working order of the property structures, facilities and systems including individual apartments, exterior and common areas. While you are experienced in construction management or as an electrician, as an Archstone Maintenance Manager, your focus is to lead an organization. In this Maintenance Manager role, you will also:
- Lead and manage maintenance and service teams to higher levels of performance through hiring, training, creative problem solving and knowing what to prioritize and what to delegate
- Provide technical and project direction to your service team including standards, specifications and criteria
- Manage budgets and schedules including employees, supplies and materials
- Conduct safety inspections and train staff on safety & emergency procedures including compliance with building and safety codes
- Negotiate and review contracts and agreements with vendors, suppliers and subcontractors
- Implement quality control programs
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Archstone’s five star world class customer service program – Commitment to Great
Different from other apartment, property management or hotel environments, Archstone gives you both the responsibility and the tools to achieve management success.
Beyond your vast technical experience with construction, electrical, HVAC, boilers and mechanical systems and their maintenance and repair, you have a proven proactive, leadership quality. While you know your way around the tools and the computer systems, for you it’s about being able to mentor others, to have them think of residents first… it’s the Archstone Commitment to Great program.
While not all properties will require experience with elevators, tower fire suppression systems, pools and structural components, all of our properties will require you to have proven experience including:
- Accomplished at delivering world class 5 star customer service and leading others in delivering outstanding customer service
- A minimum of 2 years managing and leading others including a track record of successful communication, budgeting & negotiating, scheduling and staffing
- At least 5 years experience in Construction, Mechanical, HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing including appliance repair, reading blueprints & power, water and sewer distribution
- Proven knowledge & application of codes, laws & regulations pertaining to public buildings and fire including ADA
- Experience operating computer systems for property operations, finance and service tickets
- EPA & OSHA Certifications strongly preferred
- Valid driver’s license
- Willing to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends and holidays through a rotating on-call pager system
At Archstone we recognize that exceptional people need exceptional rewards. Beyond our competitive total compensation packages, your schedule at Archstone will provide you with a quality of life that is difficult to achieve within hospitality or hotel roles. Additionally our benefits package reflects our respect for workplace contributions, professional goals and personal priorities. When you join Archstone, you will be eligible for:
To learn more about Archstone, visit our website at
- Choice of medical and dental plans, a 401(k) plan and other benefits including short and long-term disability insurance and life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Training and professional development courses and in-house training sessions
- Additional benefits including a variety of paid leaves, such as vacation and holidays
- Opportunity for significant discounts when you live in an Archstone property
Archstone is an Equal Opportunity Employer. As a condition of employment, a satisfactory hair follicle drug test and background check are required.
What we do
Archstone is a multi-billion dollar company that provides upscale apartment homes in some of the nation's most desirable...