Responsible for oversight and assuring that the maintenance and repair activities of the hospital compound buildings (excluding Quarters buildings), utilities, and grounds are in keeping with accreditation standards, applicable codes, regulations, standards, and laws.
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must have experience in healthcare facility operations or maintenance field.
- Formal coursework or training in Maintenance practices applied to grounds, structures, building systems, and utilities.
- Applied experience in the use of computerized office technology required. Knowledge of and the experience of having successfully completed a Joint Commission (JC) survey preferred.
- Knowledge of or experience with accreditation standards, applicable codes, regulations, standards, and laws preferred. Prior managerial or supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of or experience in primarily the following areas preferred:
- Refrigeration and air conditioning;
- Electrical systems including generators;
- Medical gas, vacuum, and air systems;
- Non Bio-Medical equipment;
- Water treatment;
- Sewage lagoon operations;
- Maintenance of light and heavy equipment;
- Heating systems;
- Air handlers, exhaust fans, humidifiers, and unit heaters;
- Contract administration;
- Direct digital control (DDC) systems;
- Ability to read blueprints and flow diagrams; and
- Building construction and maintenance.
Insure compliance with Joint Commission (JC) standards, other accreditation standards, Life Safety Codes (LSC), National Electric Codes (NEC), National Plumbing Codes (NPC), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) regulations, and National Fire Prevention Act (NFPA), Alaska Department for Environmental Conservation (ADEC) for drinking water and waste water, and applicable codes, regulations, standards, and laws.
Plans, prioritizes, and coordinates Maintenance Department activities in order to provide the most effective and economical maintenance program consistent with accreditation standards, applicable codes, regulations, standards, and laws.
Performs facilities inspections, submits work orders resulting from inspections, and prepares preliminary cost estimates when needed.
Maintains records of and prepares reports as needed on staff work schedules, work orders, preventative maintenance, equipment utilization, fuel consumption, electricity consumption, water consumption, and maintenance and material costs.
Functions as a technical interface with all department managers to solve maintenance problems.
Develops, implements, monitors, and reports on the facilities preventive maintenance program with the aid of the Chief Maximo system.
Assesses and identifies individual staff developmental training needs and provides on-the-job training, additional schooling, and additional training. Reviews job descriptions, job satisfaction, individual and collective training, maintenance procedures, and career progression of staff.
Establishes written Maintenance Department standards, goals, policies, and procedures for training, maintenance, continuous quality improvement/performance improvement, obtaining supplies and services, safety, and infection control.
Makes timely decisions regarding adverse facility situations.
May need to perform assigned duties and responsibilities on weeknights, weekends, and holidays.
Conducts follow-up inspections and assesses the timeliness, thoroughness, and quality of staff’s work preformed.
Develops departmental budget submissions to align with the BBAHC strategy map.
Mentors, coaches, and counsels staff to develop excellent contribution to the BBAHC mission and assist in understanding the individual’s role in the strategic plan. Fully documents staff issues. Resolves staff issues at the lowest level possible. Keeps supervisor aware of staff issues. Develops and timely submits annual staff performance evaluations aligned to the BBAHC strategy map.
Maintains full compliance with the laws, regulations, grant terms, and BBAHC policies pertinent to the division/department. Ensures department activities meet all applicable accrediting body standards and CMS Conditions of Participation. Actively avoids fraud, waste, and abuse. Seeks methods and activities to enhance BBAHC revenues.
Directs departmental Performance Improvement initiatives. Tracks and reports accomplishments. Develops and oversees Quality Calendar activities.
Responds to all Customer Comments and/or RMEs presented in a complete and timely manner.
Ensures department procedures align with and support organizational policies.
Bristol Bay Area Health Corporation - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard