Catalent Pharma Solutions (a Blackstone Group company) is a leading Drug Development, Advanced Delivery Technology and Supply partner to the global pharmaceutical industry. A Fortune 1000 company, with over 20 locations on 5 continents, we partner with 90 out of the top 100 pharmaceutical companies and 44 of the top 50 biotech firms, as well as thousands of small innovator companies.
The Maintenance Manager position is responsible for ensuring value added maintenance department services are provided with an emphasis on equipment availability and maximizing productivity. The Maintenance Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day activities of the Shift Mechanics, Calibration Technicians and the Engineering Technicians.
Specific Activities, and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing Maintenance support for a 24 hour/7 day operation. The schedule must be designed to maximize production support efficiency and output to avoid product delays and equipment downtime
- Manages the Preventive and Predictive Maintenance program ensuring a high level of audit readiness.
- Effectively manages the calibration program ensuring a high level of audit readiness.
- Manages the repair and maintenance budget.
- Manages the corrective work order program.
- Keeps abreast of equipment reliability and technological developments.
- Responsible for the creation and delivery of all key performance indicators (KPIs) and objectives for the Maintenance department.
- Compiles equipment reliability data and prepares reports to minimize downtime.
- Develop, maintain and continuously improve on all standard operating procedures as they relate to our maintenance programs (predictive and preventative) to meet all company and customer requirements.
- Evaluate the performance of direct reports against their job requirements and performance goals.
Analysis and Information Management
- Ensures that direct reports are appropriately trained in the cGMP’s, the Company policies and procedures related to their responsibilities.
- Address and provide any training needs for the direct reports.
- Interviews candidates, evaluates and counsels staff as appropriate, in conjunction with Human Resources.
- Recommends, evaluates and manages external contractors.
- Interfaces with Manufacturing, Technical Services, QC, Validation, and QA to analyze technical issues as they relate to process equipment and systems.
- Utilizes and maintains updated, accurate, complete, and confidential record keeping system (e.g. employee medical files/records; Return-to-Work Forms, and OSHA logs, etc.) according to regulatory requirements (FMLA/ADA/OSHA) and company policies/procedures.
- Case management of occupational injuries and illnesses; instructs and directs employees to appropriate health care providers as necessary; initiates and submits necessary company, State and Federal paperwork/forms.
- Is actively engaged in the on-site Safety Committee.
Education or Equivalent:
- BS in Chemical, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in pharmaceutical operations preferred, prior experience in a maintenance and engineering function supporting manufacturing is required
- Significant knowledge of Maintenance and equipment reliability principles and practices.
- Prior supervisory experience is required
- Demonstrated abilities for problem solving, working as a key member of a team, and motivation to complete Company objectives.
PC skills, including training on Catalent software packages. Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and financial reports. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and standard operating procedures. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, customers, and regulatory agencies.
Ability to work effectively under pressure to meet deadlines. Individual may be required to sit, stand, walk regularly and occasionally lift 0-15 pounds. Be accessible to manufacturing floor and office staff and to use required office equipment. Specific vision requirements include reading of written documents and use of computer monitor screen frequently.
General office environment.
Catalyst + talent = Catalent. At least, that's the brand Catalent Pharma Solutions is using to try to ensure its customers'...