In charge of building maintenance operation, custodial care, machine setups, fire and safety programs, and equipment inventory control.
Ability to supervise a work force to ensure the facility is maintained in a clean and orderly manner. Flexibility to adjust to changing schedules. Open to new ideas and adaptable to changing technology.
Communication, Facilities Management
5+ years experience as maintenance technician in a manufacturing environment
Experience in heavy industry preferred
Demonstrated experience with pneumatic, hydraulics, welding, pipe-fitting, and blue print reading
Practical experience in electrical troubleshooting and repair is a plus
Six Sigma/LEAN experience a plus
Verifiable formal technical training preferred
Proven track record of successfully managing multiple tasks simultaneously
Strong interpersonal, team-building, and communication skills at all levels
- Contribute towards the establishment of Preventive and Predictive Maintenance.
- Participate in equipment installation, commissioning and start-up
- Select and train Electrical Technicians
- Oversee the day-to-day electrical maintenance
- Actively engage with the maintenance team in servicing, troubleshooting, repair, and installation of a wide variety of manufacturing equipment and facilities maintenance.
- Maintain equipment in accordance with scheduled preventative maintenance program
- Evaluate equipment reliability and take appropriate actions to improve performance
- Provide mechanical expertise when necessary to reduce equipment downtime
maintain appropriate logs and records as needed to properly track and maintain equipment status and maintenance record
- Identify technical problems and provide practical solutions appropriate to the size and complexity of projects
- Communicate successfully with other members of the maintenance team and ensure individual department managers are informed on equipment availability
- Must be able to work any shift, and be on call as needed.