This position is responsible for ensuring that safe work practices are used at all times in the maintenance department, and for ensuring well-maintained equipment with a minimal amount of downtime, through the management and training of each maintenance employee, through thorough preventive maintenance programs, predictive maintenance programs, and the continual improvement of procedures used to repair and modify equipment.
- Prioritizes everyday work such as repairs, equipment modifications, and the fabrication of equipment.
- Helps find answers to technical problems on equipment; coaches people in solving technical problems.
- Lays out, designs, and manages project type work.
- Works closely with outside service companies and suppliers to ensure that customer needs are met.
- Coordinates time of repairs with other departments to help prepare for work in advance.
- Improves PM programs by finding newer and better ways to do the PMs in a more effective manner.
- Holds regular team meetings using participative leadership techniques.
- Develops and uses coaching plans for employee development.
- Uses problem solving tools to continuously improve work processes.
- Utilizes effective interpersonal communication and leadership skills in the employee selection, discipline, and performance management processes.
- Cooperates and coordinates with cross-functional work teams to improve the entire Quanex system.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Excel, Word Perfect, Access, Visio, Autocad LT.
- Able to utilize SPC tools to analyze data.
- 5-7 years of experience in the maintenance field preferably in a manufacturing setting
- Familiar with SAP.
- Bachelors Degree in related field preferred.
- Must have basic computer repair knowledge and some electrical and mechanical knowledge.
CareerBuilder - 21 months ago