The primary responsibilities of the Maintenance Manager include:
- Maintain high occupancy levels through support of and participation in maintenance activities and effective motivation.
- Keep informed of market conditions, understand competitive pricing, and utilize appropriate marketing resources.
- Contribute to the achievement of occupancy goals by effectively performing or directing maintenance efforts, which also promotes a quality living experience for residents.
- Contribute to the achievement of financial goals through input and assistance in the administration of capital and operating maintenance budgets.
- Coordinate maintenance of the property with appropriate support to keep the project quality at Company standards.
- Serve as a resource in the development and communication of more efficient methods of maintaining the apartment community.
- Be responsible for inventory of parts and appliances.
- Be responsible for general maintenance and orderliness of community facilities.
- Direct the daily repair and renovation of apartments by the mechanics and vendors and aids in the achievement of quality maintained projects.
- Promote positive, proactive resident relations by demonstrating a firm, fair, and consistent manner in all resident contacts, keeping in mind the political and social impact of their decisions.
- Work to make the living experience, particularly the first and last impressions, of the highest quality.
- Facilitate resident introduction to company apartment procedures.
- Remain informed and aware of conditions that could have an impact on the ability to maintain a quality living environment for our residents.
- Be responsible for after-hours and emergency on-call coverage.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- Previous experience in property management maintenance, with 200 units experience required for one year.
- Property maintenance skills including basic knowledge of tools, sales and customer service is required.
- Candidate must be computer literate with attention to detail and excellent organization skills.
- Must have the ability and confidence to interact effectively with prospects, residents, peers and management.
- Valid drivers license and proof of current automobile insurance.
- Reliable transportation.
- English proficiency.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Ability to work weekends.
CareerBuilder - 9 months ago
Founded more than a century ago, the privately held company is known internationally for the communities it continues to create on The...