Basic Function and Scope of the Position:
This position maintains and repairs the facility’s structure, equipment and grounds, including plumbing, electrical and HVAC. This is a 2nd shift position the will be from 4pm to 12:30am.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Monitor, maintain, document and perform preventive maintenance on HVAC system including central plant.
• Responsible for a variety of mechanical service calls and in house repairs throughout facility and grounds.
• Acts independently to determine methods and procedures on new assignments.
• Provides guidance and oversees other maintenance personnel.
• Performs skilled trade work, such as carpentry or painting in the construction, repair or alteration of structures such as walls, roofs or office fixtures.
• May work from sketches, blueprints, and drawings.
• Act as liaison and supervise work of contractors.
• Be on call and able to respond 7/24/365.
All listed tasks and responsibilities are deemed as essential functions to this position; however, business conditions may require reasonable accommodations for additional task and responsibilities.
Preferred Educational Background:
• High school diploma or equivalent, trade school
Preferred Experiential Background:
• 6+ years of biotech industry facilities experience.
• Skilled in basic maintenance and construction trades and techniques.
• Experience with Building Management Systems is required.
• Ability to read and understand blueprints and be able to read and write routine reports.
• Must also have experience and knowledge of basic pc skills and the ability to operate hand and power tools such as drills, saws, grinders and sanders.
• Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Equal Opportunity Employer / Affirmative Action Employer
Illumina, Inc. - 13 months ago
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...