An Excellent Opportunity Exists at National Grid!
National Grid is a major electricity and gas delivery company with one of the largest electricity transmission and distribution systems in the Northeast. We are presently seeking a highly skilled Underground Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician for an opening in the Syracuse, New York area. In addition to a competitive wage, we offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, life insurance, 401(k) plan, vacation, tuition assistance and more.
Job Responsibilities include a key focus on the operation and maintenance of equipment associated with a primary supplied underground secondary network system typically found in a metropolitan area. Core responsibilities will include annual maintenance, testing, and inspection of network protectors (typical of GE, Eaton, and Richards/Cutler-Hammer) across the Central Division in UNY. You will be expected to respond to call-outs and emergencies in all weather conditions.
In order to proceed in the process, you must be able to pass pre-employment assessments, including a demonstration of job skills, background check and drug/alcohol and physical screening.
1. Must have a High School diploma or equivalent.
2. Must have Journeyman Level experience.
3. A minimum of three years experience/training having a strong focus on network equipment (HVS, transformer, protector), operate associated electrical test equipment, ability to work in enclosed/confined space, rubber gloving, confident in climbing and following electrical operating procedure.
4. Must possess knowledge of electrical/mechanical blueprint reading and control board wiring.
5. Have ability to work with and direct a small group of workers.
6. Have a history of working safe, strong work ethic, good communication skills and commitment to customer service.
7. The successful candidate will be expected to reside within 35 miles of North Syracuse, NY.
8. Must have a valid CDL (or ability to obtain within 30 days).
If you are qualified and interested in working for a world class utility, forward your resume now!
Monster - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
It's not gridlock but a lock on the Grid that is a good thing for National Grid. It is the sole owner and operator of the electricity...