Discovery, development and implementation of leading edge technologies are key to GrafTech success. GrafTech International Holdings Inc. is one of the world's leading manufacturers of carbon and graphite products for industrial applications in a diverse array of industries: metal production, electronics, chemicals, aerospace and transportation, among others. We operate in 19 state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities strategically located on four continents with our corporate headquarters located in Cleveland (Parma), OH. We sell to customers in about 60 countries worldwide.
We have an opportunity for a Maintenance Mechanic ( Craftsworker) to perform work in a recognized trade, craft, or combination of trades (crafts) such as an HVAC specialist, millwright, or mechanic with electrical qualification up to 480 volt systems and can perform described work under minimal supervision. Skill level is generally at the journeyman level.
- Performs maintenance and construction work related to building and equipment.
- Obtains information to determine and implement desired function of equipment or systems requested. Works from concepts and/or drawings provided by Technical Staff Members. Determines specifications, coordinates activities with other Craftworkers or personnel, contacts vendors and procures materials. Provides necessary drawings. Installs and tests equipment and systems.
- Does mechanical and/or electrical design for machinery and equipment.
- Can perform basic plumbing installs and/or repairs.
- Experienced with pneumatic controls.
- Electrically qualified up to 480 volt systems.
- Modifies equipment to make improvements without compromising safety.
- Need to be able to perform heating, ventilation, and air conditioning work.
- Communicates effectively with a variety of professionals, peers, and other service providers.
- Performs related duties as assigned to achieve the department’s or team’s objectives.
- Participates in HS&EP team/projects. Is a member of HAZMAT and emergency responder teams.
- Responds to all emergencies that involve fires, water breaks, accidents, chemical spills, building evacuations, etc. including after normal working hours.
- Make safety inspections if requested.
- Overtime and off-shift work may be necessary.
- Functional/Technical Skills
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Qualified to perform work as a Journeyman or equivalent in one of the recognized trades.
- Must have a minimum of five years of industrial experience.
- A thorough knowledge of his/her trade or trades.
- Demonstrated ability to handle emergency situations.
- Working knowledge of applicable Health, Safety & Environmental Protection (HS&EP) standards.
- Must be flexible and responsive to changing work environment.
- Good communication skills.
- Works effectively in a team environment.
- Is expected to continue personal skills development required to add value and prepare for future opportunities in GrafTech.
We offer a competitive salary as well as a complete benefits package including, medical, dental, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, a defined contribution plan, a 401(k) plan with Company matching, and an annual incentive compensation program.
- Work is performed in the entire building and grounds which involves working in a variety of temperatures including some work which will be performed outdoors, lifting, standing for long periods of time, squatting, kneeling, traversing steps, ladders and uneven surfaces. Work will require wearing personal protective equipment. Management will identify the personal protective equipment required.
For immediate consideration, please go to the following link and apply on our Career page at https://performancemanager4.successfactors.com/career?company=GTI . For additional company information, please visit our website at www.graftech.com .
Must be legally qualified to work under the Immigration Reform & Control Act.
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/H/V