POSITION: PLC Specialist
• Programing Specialist is responsible for troubleshooting, and expertise in functionality of all machinery, including packaging, blow molding and injection equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Demonstrates proficiency by performance and/or certificates in the following trades:
- PLC Experience with Allen Bradley and Siemens software systems
- Ability to read and troubleshoot complex electrical schematics
- Experience in troubleshooting complex electrical systems
• Electrical Maintenance
• Basic Electronics •Programmable Controller Logic
• Air Compressor • Injection Molding
• Blow Molding • Packaging Maintenance •
• Must be thoroughly familiar with hand tools and maintenance practices.
• Must be experienced in functioning of hydraulics and pneumatic circuits. Troubleshoots hydraulic and pneumatic circuits with the aid of schematics.
• Repair basic electric circuits with complete understanding of electrical schematic diagrams.
• Must be able to do preventative maintenance on all production equipment in a timely manner.
• Must follow all safety practices. Possess ability to instruct other maintenance staff and production operators in safe operation of equipment.
• Must own general mechanics tools.
• Must have knowledge of how-to process and maintain production machinery. Including Blow Molding Machinery, Injection Molding Equipment, PET Dryers, Chillers, Towers (including Chemical Treatment), Leak Detectors, Bottle Elevators, Table Top Conveyors, Alps, Palletizer, Box Erectors, Inserters, and Case Packers. Must be able to learn new equipment operation.
• Must be willing to remain on an assignment until it is completed or until released by the Supervisor.
• Must be safety conscience and observe all safety rules for lock-out/tag-out procedure, electrical code safe practices, and confined space entry programs.
• Must effectively use the FMS maintenance program.
• 12. Must have good leadership and communication skills. Lead by example.
• 13. Must be willing to respond to emergency mechanical issues that require technical assistance beyond level 2 maintenance requirements.
Physical & Minimum Requirements
• Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
• Must be able to stand and walk on concrete floors for extended periods of time. Breaks will be the only time you will have an opportunity to sit.
• Must be able to occasionally lift up to 75 lbs.
• Must be able to lift, bend and twist repetitively during the shift.
• Must be able to coordinate movements quickly and accurately in a high output production area.
• Must demonstrate ability though previous work assignments to work effectively in a fast-paced high-quality manufacturing environment.
• Must willingly accept any other duties/changes to position to fit the needs for production as requested by Shift Supervisor.
• Must wear safety equipment, personal protective equipment, as required in the area or to perform specific job duties.
• Perform all good housekeeping assignments.
• Able to help organize and maintain maintenance areas and stock room.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations must be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Amcor - 17 months ago
Amcor Limited? Hardly. The package maker offers a near unlimited range of boxes, cartons, cans, flexible and film packaging, PET...