Blommer Chocolate Company is the largest cocoa processor and ingredient chocolate supplier in North America. The company provides comprehensive business solutions for domestic and international customers of all sizes in the confectionery, baking, and dairy industries. Among Blommer's core competencies are cocoa bean processing, chocolate manufacturing, commodity risk management, and product and process R&D.|
The company is a leader in advancing sustainable cocoa farming, playing an active role in the World Cocoa Foundation, and promoting sustainable farming practices. Founded in 1939, the family-owned company has established an outstanding reputation for customer service and quality. For more informaiton about Blommer Chocolate company, please visit www.blommer.com.
Maintenance Mechanic conducts troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance services to equipment throughout the plant, builds and assembles new equipment, performance preventative maintenance services and general building maintenance tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Comply with all safety and quality policies and procedures including lockout tag out, confined space entry, GMP, HACCP and allergen.
- Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition. Follow all sanitation procedures and standards.
- Ensure tools and equipment is in good working order; report any defective materials, missing or damaged tools to the supervisor.
Will be required to perform other duties as requested, assigned, or directed.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic troubleshooting and repair of packaging and production machines.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, tanks and production machines.
- Provide emergency and unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production.
- Respond timely to any mechanical breakdown
- Locate source of problem by observation, testing, talking with operator
- Remove defective parts using power tools and other equipment
- Repair to prevent reoccurrence
- Assemble modified and new equipment for operation as instructed.
- Fabricate repair parts to maintain existing equipment or make approved modifications using machine shop equipment.
- Report equipment parts usage from stock to ensure accurate inventory; notify department supervisor of any parts and supplies needing to be ordered.
- Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job.
- Document all work to ensure accurate maintenance records, ensure production operation is aware of status of equipment and improve overall communication between shifts.
CareerBuilder - 20 months ago