Summary: Performs essential job functions under minimal supervision.
Requirements (Qualifications & Skills):
Essential Job Functions (Duties & Responsibilities):
- Education: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience Necessary: One year experience in heat treating industry and maintenance.
- Must have experience with welding, cutting, brazing, etc., and working knowledge of electricity.
- Must have general knowledge of hydraulics and furnaces and be able to read and interpret blueprints.
- Language Skills: Must be able to communicate effectively orally and in writing.
- Physical Demands: Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs, bend, lift, climb, stand and stoop.
- Work Environment: Regularly exposed to heat, dust, noise, humidity, fumes, etc.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain forklift operator certification.
- May be required to work overtime or any shift, including weekends.
- Must have the ability to report for work on time, follow directions, interact effectively with co-workers, understand and follow rules and procedures and accept constructive criticism.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Bodycote reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- Performs all general maintenance duties including painting, cleaning, fixture/tooling fabrication, installing belts, bearings, chains, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining plant equipment, including preventative maintenance and new equipment installation.
- Responsible for building maintenance as needed/required/directed.
- Performs instrument calibration and temperature surveys.
- Brings any unusual problem or irregularity to his/her supervisor.
- Promotes and practices safety and good housekeeping procedures.
- Must work in a manner consistent with the EMS
- Performs other tasks as assigned or dictated by position.