This position’s primary focus is maintenance, emergency and scheduled repairs, and implementation of policy and procedures established for maintenance at the milling location. Key areas of responsibilities are Preventative Maintenance, repairs of existing equipment, installation of new equipment, maintaining equipment inventory, minimizing downtime, planning, coordinating, documentation and communication. This position plays a vital role in helping the local team achieve budgeted volumes and income goals. This position is key in promoting safety, quality, milling efficiencies, and helping achieve the company’s short and long term goals and objectives. Position Responsibilities • Implementation and documention of the facility Preventative Maintenance Program.
- Immediate response to necessary repairs.
- Assist in achieving the Maximum EDT goal of 1%
- Maintain the Risk Management Program for the Colton Facility.
- Maintain the Hazardous Waste Management requirements associated with Waste or Used Oil, Universal Waste, and Waste Manifests and Disposal.
- Maintain the status and condition of all MCC control rooms and equipment.
- Maintain an inventory of critical replacement parts to the Colton Mill.
- Proper training of employees in proper lubrication of departmental equipment.
- Daily evaluation, repair, maintenance and inspection of production equipment.
- Immediate removal of all safety related equipment defects.
- Implementation and documentation of all repairs and repair order.
- Coordinate and communicate with outside contractors as necessary.
- Perform daily preventative maintenance of all equipment and document.
- Respond to immediate requests for repairs to maximize productivity.
- Coordinate with supervisors the scheduled repairs for all departments.
- Update plant parts inventory and communicate necessary ordering of parts.
- Operate processing equipment and systems to assure proper operating specifications.
- Perform all electrical repairs necessary.
- Analyze, recommend, and implement changes to impact location efficiencies and profitability.
- Performs frequent monitoring of the facility equipment and safety inspections of working area.
- Participate in a high performance cross-functional milling team.
- Assist management in establishing personal development objectives.
- Minimize emergency down time
- Participate and document completion of the Master Sanitation Schedule for the maintenance department.
- Implement and train employees in a lubrication program.
- Participate in resolving problems such as chokes, broken belts, leaky transitions, equipment replacements or repairs, and identifying causes for flour leaks and spills.
- Assist with maintaining the flour treatment system and assure proper inclusion of ingredients. Position Qualifications • College degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Food Science, and/or a Trade Degree or equivalent in Food Industry Maintenance preferred.
- Working knowledge of PLC, Allen-Bradley, electrical systems and circuitry, motors, pneumatics, packaging equipment, conveying equipment, welding, and preventative maintenance of processing equipment required.
- Good planning, scheduling, and organizational skills are necessary for accomplishing repairs with minimal downtime.
- Willing to respond to emergency call ins during off hours.
- Understanding of milling and food equipment operations
- Must be able to complete IAOM Milling Correspondence Course of 8 units within 240 days.
- Team player, self starter, motivator, goal oriented, strategic thinker, excellent communication skills
- Safety oriented
- Dependable, honest, and trustworthy, and open to cross-training.
- Ability to coordinate with Head Miller, Warehouse, Elevator, and Office as needed.
- Willing to work overtime as required.
- Time Management
- Ability to schedule repairs
- Immediate response to emergency repairs
- Maintain an inventory of critical parts to keep the facility running.
- Works well under pressure.
- Productivity and Efficiency
- Maximize milling yields with proper lubrication, roll changes, scale calibration, etc.
- Minimize Unscheduled Downtime
- Excellent GMPs
- Complete M.S.S.
- Implementation of the Preventative Maintenance Program
- Maintain Critical Control Point equipment to prevent the entry foreign material
- Maintain Chlorination equipment and calibration
- Communicate with Lab, Sales, Shipping, Elevator, Warehouse, Millers,and Management.
- Follow Policy and Procedures for eliminating problems effectively and permanently.
- Reduce and eliminate accidents, and communicate with department heads on safety.
- Continual Employee Education and Awareness.
- Conduct/ coordinate/ Participate in Employee Safety Meetings and Trainings.
ConAgra Foods fills the refrigerators, freezers, and pantries of most households. The company produces name-brand packaged and frozen...