The Plant Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for the care and maintenance of all property and production assets in a safe, sanitary and efficient condition. The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for staying up to date on new products, equipment, technology and techniques.
Read, analyze and interpret technical procedures, electrical schematics, service manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing maintenance requirements (both planned and unplanned) on production, packaging, processing equipment, and utility systems (to provide a continuous supply of heat, steam, cooling, electrical, power, gas, or air required for operations).
- Readily available for emergency repairs in breakdown situations
Complete work orders in a timely manner maintaining high quality standards
- Performing preventative maintenance (i.e. conducting computerized preventative maintenance check-ups or reading SPC charts and data)
- Line manufacturing support systems (ozone generation, line/lube delivery, chemical delivery, ingredient delivery, PH house)
Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties
Maintain communication with other departments, management and employees and notify them of any problems and/or concerns that may restrict the efficiency of production.
Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information. Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
Assist in maintaining parts and supplies inventory by reporting low supply levels to Supervisor
Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices.
Follow all required work safe practices. This would include lockout-tagout requirements and wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
Responsible for food safety, pre-requisite programs and food quality related to designated area. Report any food safety and food quality related issues to management immediately.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements :
1 year minimum experience on a variety of equipments including lubricating, cleaning, material handling, motor control, relay control, process control and packaging equipment.
- 2 years minimum experience in a maintenance role within a manufacturing facility, preferably food and beverage industry.
Professional e xperience with ammonia refrigeration systems preferred.
Ability to inspect equipment, recognize potential problems and independently take appropriate corrective action to prevent component failures or equipment down time.
Must be able to s tand, walk, kneel and bend required for virtually the entire shift. Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
Must be able to work in a wet environment with moderate to high noise volume.
Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Dean Foods Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/D/V
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Must have strong mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to work in a wet environment with some exposure dust, gas or fumes
- Must be able to pass all medical exams, drug and background checks (including criminal).