Graphic Controls is a growing Buffalo based Company specializing in printed products for the the gaming, medical, and recording supply markets. A global leader in these areas, Graphic Controls is expanding into new markets and is looking for qualified candidates to grow with the Company.
Graphic Controls is currently seeking a Maintenance Mechanic for the off shift, with training taking place on 1st shift for up to 6 months. A position at Graphic Controls offers many growth and promotion opportunities, while providing job stability with an average length of service of over 15 years.
The Maintenance Mechanic is responsible for performing enhanced-level maintenance tasks in the support of manufacturing operations including PM's, tooling, machining, and other tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Provide maintenance support to manufacturing in the troubleshooting and repair of most manufacturing equipment on a scheduled and as-needed basis.
2. Complete enhanced-level PM tasks (replacement of equipment components, assemblies, etc.)
3. Complete close-tolerance machining tasks (saws, drills, mills).
4. Perform root-cause analysis of production equipment and repair accordingly.
5. Perform enhanced-level fabrication repairs and projects (mig, metal forming, stick welding).
6. Troubleshoot and diagnose enhanced equipment issues (gear box failures and rebuilds).
7. Troubleshoot and identify basic electrical equipment (breakers and fuses).
8. Support and assist Facilities/HVAC and Electrical Maintenance staff as needed.
9. Operate fork trucks/man-lifts as needed.
10. Use a variety of tools to perform maintenance duties including hand and power tools.
11. Read and interpret equipment manuals, OEM prints, and work orders to perform required maintenance and service
12. Work with manufacturing and maintenance Supervision and Management to review and detect manufacturing process issues, and make suggestions for improvement.
13. Communicate with machine operators as needed to perform efficient and effective troubleshooting and equipment repair.
14. Comply with all industry standards and regulations (ISO, FDA, etc.)
15. Support and assist ‘C' level mechanics as needed and participate in their training.
16. Support and assist Facilities and Electrical maintenance staff as needed.
17. Other duties as assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Ability to work in a constructive, positive manner with others in a team environment.
Basic reading, math, and direction following skills.
Must be able to read, comprehend, and execute production orders and operating procedures.
Ability to troubleshoot and repair manufacturing equipment.
Ability to problem solve.
Mechanical aptitude with a strong desire to learn and advance to higher level maintenance positions.
Knowledge of manufacturing standards, regulations, and procedures.
General Electrical, Mechanical, and Hydraulic Troubleshooting Skills
Ability to operate fork truck and man-lift equipment.
Pneumatic and hydraulic knowledge.
Ability to follow directions and provide training to lower level mechanics.
Ability to comprehend an increased complexity in part machining concepts.
Ability to comprehend an increased complexity in mechanics.
Knowledge of CMMS.
Knowledge of PM programs.
Knowledge of continuous improvement initiatives.
Education and Experience Requirements:
GED or High School Diploma
3-5 years mechanic experience within a manufacturing setting.
Completion of Technical/Mechanical training courses/certificates.
Great benefits offered including medical, dental, 401K, education assistance, and more!
Graphic Controls - 2 years ago