Performs all required electrical/mechanical repairs to machinery and building. Performs installation, moves and upgrades of machinery. Performs other tasks as required.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (Essential Functions)
- Ability to plan & supervise (i.e. projects & work crews).
- Works with outside machine shop contractors with guidance from the dept. or manager.
- Assists in parts ordering and inventory control.
- Maintains documentation pertaining to machine/equipment breakdown and repairs.
- Troubleshoots mechanical and electrical systems.
- Performs predictive and preventative maintenance of equipment and machinery.
- Performs welding as needed. Performs electrical welding, using acetylene torch for burning/cutting
- Troubleshoots AC and DC drives (if required).
- Performs electrical repairs when required.
- Troubleshoots advanced pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Performs environmental, health and safety assessments as directed.
- Reads blueprints when necessary.
- Aware of Kalas’ environmental policy and what it means to them.
- Aware of their significant environmental aspects and knows how to mitigate or eliminate the environmental impacts associated with them.
- Additional overtime may be required.
- Meets attendance requirements as stated in associate handbook.
- Observes all company housekeeping and safety rules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Valid PA Drivers License required.
Requires high school education (or equivalent), plus vocational, career or related technical studies, specifically mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatics. Must have ability to use shop mathematics, interpret complicated drawings or follow detailed and complex specifications; may need to use several precision measuring instruments, operate general purpose machines, or know assembly of one or more classes of machines or machinery. Continuous education with electronics.
Requires more than 5 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing environment.