We have an immediate opening for a Maintenance Mechanic at our facility in Roswell, NM. The incumbent is responsible for ensuring production areas or functions to which the incumbent is assigned receive prompt, efficient and quality service from the maintenance function while maintaining the production equipment of the facility.
- Perform mechanical duties such as repair/preventative maintenance to pumps, valves, conveyors, sprockets, gear boxes, welding and fabrication abilities.
- Calibrate all plant instrumentation in a wide variety of makes and type of specifications.
- Work with industrial electricity to troubleshoot and repair electrical components and machinery including all three phase, 480, 220 and other plant systems.
- Complete preventive maintenance work orders.
- Program/design P.C. programs for existing plant systems and capability of reconstruction and/or updating programs.
- Comply with Good Manufacturing Practices at all times, including good housekeeping.
Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 year degree in industrial maintenance discipline or technical program is preferred.
- Minimum four years work experience with industrial maintenance, preferably in the food industry.
- 5-7 years of PLC experience in industrial environment.
- Advanced experience with CMMS system.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
Leprino Foods Company is an equal opportunity employer who supports a drug-free workplace. EOE/AA
- Must be able to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Must be able to read and comprehend procedures and manuals.
- Must be able to communicate well between production department, other maintenance technicians and department management.
- Ability to problem-solve and trouble shoot equipment.
- Proficiency with Allen Bradley PLC, SLC, CAD, CMMS execution (SAP a plus).
- Ability to interpret equipment manuals and CAD drawings.
- Sound independent judgment and decision making capability.
- Ability to work in high noise areas and extreme temperature changes.
- Ability to work safely with hazardous chemicals and wear personal protective equipment as required.
- Must be willing to support a 24/7 operation by being available to work weekends and holidays.
- The position requires standing, walking, climbing up steps/ladder, and lifting 70 pounds.
Percent of Travel Required?
Leprino Foods - 21 months ago
copy to clipboard -
A titan of cheese, Leprino Foods is a worldwide leader in mozzarella-making. The company sells its soft cream-colored cheese to food...