As a Longview Mechanic, you will take responsibility to safely and efficiently diagnose and repair machinery throughout plant. You will be charged with diagnosing and troubleshooting mechanical and electrical problems. The mechanic will conduct preventative maintenance to mitigate machine downtime. Individual will take ownership of daily assigned work and complete repairs within specified time frames.
Maintenance Mechanical / Electrical Responsibilities:
- Ensure production machinery functions correctly and efficiently.
- Perform preventative maintenance on all machinery.
- Troubleshoot and repair pneumatic, electrical, hydraulic, compressor, and vacuum systems.
- Have a working knowledge of Programmable Logic Controllers, AC/DC motors and controls.
- Ability to read and understand blue prints.
- Assemble, install and fabricate equipment as needed (welding will be required).
- Will work with steam and boiler controls and mechanical power drives.
- Will assist support staff to ensure inventory counts are accurate.
Longview Fibre Paper and Packaging, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and an Affirmative Action Employer.
- Minimum high school diploma or GED.
- Preferred associates degree in electrical field but not required.
- 2-3 years of successful electrical troubleshooting and repair experience.
- At least one full year of mechanical troubleshooting and repair experience.
- Committed to tasks: Able to commence and continue specific courses of action with urgency.
- Maintain positive relationships with plant management, supervisors, office and operational employees.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Willingness to fully cross-train in other technical areas of maintenance.
- Ability to lift/push/pull 50-100 pounds multiple times throughout the day.
- Must be able to provide own tools (specialty tools supplied by company).
- Must be willing to work all shifts. This position will rotate between days and swings.
- A maintenance training program is provided and required.
KapStone Paper and Packaging Corp. - 11 months ago