Operates, monitors, repairs and maintains building HVAC, plumbing and electrical systems as directed. Performs routine electrical and plumbing repairs and maintenance as assigned. Assists with event setups, moves and policing of the facilities. Possess and demonstrates the ability to perform basic mechanical & electrical troubleshooting. Performs rounds, maintains logs and completes work orders as assigned. Performs others duties as occasionally assigned. At least three years experience working as a mechanic is required. Must be able to work independently.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities:
- Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operating manuals, manufacturers' specifications or supervisor s instructions, using hand and power tools, precision measuring or testing devices.
- Responsible for complete maintenance of area of assignment.
- Observes and adjusts a wide variety of machines and devices in operation to assure proper operation, including pumps, motors, compressors and equipment.
- Dismantles machines and devices for servicing, repair, or replacement of parts.
- Adjusts devices, instruments, belts, etc.
- Lubricates and cleans pumps, motors, fans, machinery equipment and operating hardware.
- Repairs or replaces damaged or defective soap, towel and tissue dispensers, etc.
- Replaces washers packing, or parts on faucets, flushometers, valves, traps, etc.
- Clears stoppages in sanitary or storm drainage systems using plumber's snake, vacuum or manual plungers.
- Replaces gaskets, seals on water coolers and other equipment.
- Replaces defective bulbs, sets, switches, fuses, and receptacles in buildings or on the exterior areas of the college.
- Regulates steam or hot water equipment in mechanical rooms, offices, laboratories, residence areas, etc. Adjusts valves, thermostats, and dampers.
- Performs laboring or other semi-skilled duties including drilling, digging, minor roof repair, replacement of missing floor or ceiling tile.
- Assists tradesmen when directed.
- Maintains time and material records.
- Performs minor inspectional duties where directed.
- Maintains plant or work areas in safe, clean operating condition.
- Reports unsafe conditions, or building or equipment damage to supervisor
- Performs other appropriate duties.
- High school diploma required.
- C.F.C Universal Certificate
- Three years experience working as a maintenance mechanic and applicable trade
- school certifications are preferred
- Work is medium. Lifts, carries, pushes or pulls a variety of tools, equipment and materials.
- Climbs, balances, stoops, kneels, and crouches to gain access to pipes, wiring and equipment.
- Handles a variety of hand and power tools.
- Near-visual acuity needed to read equipment diagrams and inspect parts.
- Depth perception, field of vision, and color vision needed in fitting and installing parts.
- Exposed to wet and cold conditions. Exposed to noise and vibration from operating machinery
BACK TO TOP
Please send resume and cover letter to:
Marymount Manhattan College
221 East 71 Street
New York, New York 10021