Mission Foods Fife Plant - Maintenance Mechanic
I. BROAD FUNCTION
Ensure plant equipment reliability and perform PMs, repairs and overhauls. Acts in a manner consistent with Total customer Satisfaction. Treats others with dignity and respect.
II. PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Reads and understands electrical and mechanical blueprints, uses simple shop math, and possess knowledge of company, local, state and federal electrical codes.
2. Trains less experienced employees on the job, as required.
3. Assists with installations, operates, maintains, checks and assists in the trouble-shooting of all types of A/C and D/C electrical equipment. Assists in installing, trouble-shooting and repairing solid state and electronic equipment.
4. Installs, operates, maintains and checks all types of mechanical equipment as directed.
5. Possesses a working knowledge of the following equipment:
a) SMAW (arc) welding equipment.
b) Gas and plasma cutting equipment.
c) Power tools such as drill presses, cut off saws, lathes, mills, and portable hand tools.
d) Electrical test equipment, such as voltmeter, ohmmeter, megger and ammeter.
6. Changes shifts as necessary when directed.
7. Works in teams with all other maintenance employees and production employees to complete work on production machines when required, such as assisting during machine change overs, repairs and breakdowns.
8. Follows safe working practices and reports all hazardous conditions at all times.
9. Properly applies the company Lock out/Tag out procedure, when appropriate.
10. Inspects machines, takes any required tests and completes all reports as required for company record keeping.
11. Possesses the necessary personal tools of the trade.
12. Possesses and uses knowledge of plant electrical distribution system.
13. Assists in diagnosing and employs the proper procedures for the relief of trouble and determines when parts need replacement, and when repairs are necessary.
14. Properly dismantles, repairs and re-assembles gear boxes, fans, conveyors, blowers, compressors, pumps, valves, furnaces, drives and all related mechanical equipment when directed or when related to electrical trouble shooting.
15. Dismantles, repairs and re-assembles electrical motors, relays, timers and all related electrical equipment.
16. Possesses working knowledge of hydraulic systems, air systems and has the ability to read semi-complex diagrams and trouble shoots working systems.
17. Assists in the installation and repair of electrical conduit, cables, piping, and tubing including all necessary connections, controls and grounding as directed.
18. Operates mobile lift truck and hoisting equipment in the performance of maintenance work. Possesses required forklift operators license.
19. Utilizes knowledge of simple rigging when necessary to accomplish the job.
20. Cleans and paints repaired equipment when appropriate.
21. Maintains all maintenance equipment, tools and working area clean and orderly, according to GMP guidelines..
22. Assists employees in keeping entire plant area clean and orderly, according to GMP guidelines.
23. Possesses some knowledge of lubricants for all type of machines and performs necessary lubrication of production machines, as directed.
24. Assists in the maintenance of the spare parts inventory for the plant by checking out parts from the parts room and restocking inventory.
25. Perform miscellaneous jobs, as required.
26. Will carry and respond to company (Mission) pager when required.
27. Notifies and communicates with off-site Maintenance Management, when an equipment downtime exceeds 1 hr and there is no resolution rapidly forthcoming.
28. Ensures that products are being produces in conformance with Food Safety Practices.
III. PRINCIPAL RELATIONSHIPS
A. REPORTS TO: Maintenance Supervisor
1. Inside the company Maintenance Management
Production Supervision and Employees
Sanitation Supervision and Employees
Warehouse Supervision and Employees
2. Outside the company none
1. Directly supervises none
2. Indirectly supervises none
Mission Foods is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity in all phases of employment in compliance with applicable federal and state laws, rules, and regulations. We assure you that your opportunity for employment with Mission Foods depends solely on your qualifications.
Mission Foods is an equal employment/affirmative action employer. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or call HR Manager at 253-896-4483 Ext 144 to let us know the nature of your request.
IV. SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION
High School Diploma or GED
Minimum 2 years as a Maintenance Mechanic/Electrician in a manufacturing environment
Gruma Corporation has it all wrapped up. With operations in the US and Europe, the company manufactures and distributes more than 20...