Responsible for troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of food processing and packaging machines,plant facilities and for the proper preventative maintenance of the plant and production equipment in USDA production environment.
MAJOR POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Diagnose and repair malfunctioning production and plant equipment
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance on production equipment
- Lubricate the production equipment on a daily basis
- Replace broken belts, bearings, motors, electrical systems on the production equipment as necessary
- Monitor and correct the oil levels and oil condition on the production equipment on a weekly basis
- Calibrate production equipment to ensure that all parts are running in synch
- Build machine modifications or system improvements as requested by management
- Troubleshoot and repair electrical systems and controls for production equipment and throughout plant
- Perform related duties as assigned
- Keep area clean
working knowledge of mechanical inspection and repairs
demonstrated mechanical and electrical equipment maintenance abilities
experience in 3 phase electric and AC/DC control circuitry skills are essential
ability to read diagrams a plus
repair high speed packaging machinery, PLC's, welding and machine shop skills are a plus
experience in the repair of Tiromat Packaging Machinery a plus
ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Must have own hand tools.
3 year on the job training by other maintenance mechanics
3-5 years experience in the troubleshooting, repair and maintenance of plant production machinery
HS diploma or GED required.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
OSI Group - 15 months ago
The OSI Group is a world leader in providing quality products and custom solutions for the food industry. That's why many of the worlds'...