POSITION: MAINTENANCE MECHANIC
REPORTS TO: Engineering Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly Non-Exempt
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities has an excellent and immediate opening for a Maintenance Mechanic at Reliant Park in Houston, Texas. Reliant Park is in the fast lane for opportunity and excitement. We are a one of a kind premier facility with four major venues within one giant park. Reliant Center (one million+ sq. ft. Convention Center), Reliant Stadium (home of the Houston Texans and The Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo), Reliant Astrodome (“The” Astrodome), and Reliant Arena. We are seeking a unique Maintenance Mechanic to join our Engineering team. The Maintenance Mechanic under general supervision, performs work as needed to maintain and repair facility mechanical, electrical and plumbing operating systems. Duties include semi-skilled tasks, which often require heavy lifting, a high degree of physical exertion and walking or standing for long periods of time. Acts as liaison between the facility and clients, ensuring all clients’ requirements are met and facility rules, regulations and policies are adhered to.
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Operate, monitor, repair and maintain the facility’s plumbing, electrical and HVAC systems as required for the safe and efficient operation of the facility.
• Assist in preventive maintenance on equipment located in multiple buildings at facility.
• Assist in preventive maintenance, repair, inspection, and rebuild as necessary to maintain quality standards on equipment and machinery at facility.
• Perform work in a manner consistent with plant safety, housekeeping standards and quality checks.
Position requires ability to:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to work both indoors and outdoors as required by the function.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
• Understand the methods, principles, and practices required for the operation and maintenance of the mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems. Properly use all equipment needed to perform required duties.
• Properly use all equipment needed to perform required duties.
• Be a skilled craftsman in the maintenance field.
• Provide mechanical and troubleshooting skills.
• Know general techniques in plumbing, electrical wiring and ventilating systems.
• Effectively operate, maintain and repair HVAC equipment.
• Follow and adhere to all safety precautions, building codes, rules, regulations, risk management and emergency procedures.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Possess any licenses, certificates or training required by local, state or national authorities for the operation of the equipment found in the facility.
• Meet the physical demands of the job. Must perform strenuous physical duties at times, including lifting, carrying, moving and climbing.
• Must be able to lift 75lbs
• Must be able to stand and work on your feet for 8-10 hours a day
• Must to able to stretch and reach.
• Work independently, exercising judgment and initiative. Work effectively under pressure and/or stringent schedule and produce accurate results.
• Maintain an effective working relationship with clients, employees, exhibitors, patrons and others encountered in the course of employment.
• Operate standard office equipment and personal computer(s) using MS-DOS, MS Windows, Lotus 1-2-3, Excel, MS Word and PowerPoint.
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Good written, verbal and computer skills.
• Organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
• Follow oral and written instructions and communicate effectively with others in both oral and written form.
• Remain flexible and adjust to situations as they occur.
• Work in a fast paced environment.
• Work extended and/or irregular hours including nights, weekends and holidays, as needed.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or GED and two (2) years prior experience in mechanical, electrical and plumbing duties. Some technical support school or advanced electrical or refrigeration courses a plus. EPA certification, Section 608, preferred.
This position offers a competitive salary and benefits package. Resumes MUST INCLUDE salary requirements for consideration and may be sent to:
Human Resources Manager
One Reliant Park
Houston, Texas 77054
No phone calls please
SMG is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/W/V/D