Under limited supervision, perform a wide variety of skilled mechanical duties to maintain, troubleshoot and install manufacturing and packaging equipment. Perform repairs, modifications, and preventive maintenance on manufacturing and packaging equipment and systems.
Specific Job Duties:
1. Diagnose problems and correct problems to optimize manufacturing and packaging line productivity and minimize downtime.
2. Train and develop line maintenance staff and machine operators on proper operation, adjustments, line changeover, and safety requirements.
3. Perform preventive maintenance on manufacturing and packaging line equipment to minimize line downtime. Maintain a maintenance log on each piece of equipment ready and available for inspection.
4. Develop specifications and procedures to comply with G.M.P.s for the proper set-up, maintenance and operation of equipment.
5. Establish and maintain inventory of spare parts for manufacturing and packaging equipment.
6. Investigate and correct electrical problems as needed.
7. Handle hazardous materials issues as assigned by the safety coordinator.
8. Clearly communicate with the Supervisor regarding the status of projects.
9. Provide a list of items needed for large projects in a timely fashion when requested by management.
10. Communicate with management on open items and their progress.
11. Perform all tasks as assigned by Threshold Management.
Minimum Qualifications Required:
1. Three years general facility maintenance experience
2. Three years related experience with Packaging production line equipment
3. Good DMV printout
4. Ability to reach, lift, push and pull up to 50 lbs.
Skills and/or Training Desired:
1. Knowledge of Food and Drug G.M.P.s
2. Three years related experience with electronic controls for packaging equipment for the vitamin/pharmaceutical or food industry.
3. High school graduate
To Apply For This Position
Send your resume to:
Threshold Enterprises, Ltd.
Attention Human Resources
23 Janis Way
Scotts Valley CA 95066
fax (831) 461-1288
Applications are available at 23 Janis Way in Scotts Valley.
Threshold Enterprises is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Established in 1978, Threshold Enterprises is a well known national nutritional supplements distributor and manufacturer of award winning Source Naturals® and Planetary Herbals™ brands. The company's brands are sold through more than 7,000 store Health Food Store and internet channels. The company has grown significantly through exceptional channel relationships, product innovation and the reputation of its brands for potency, quality and value. Threshold Enterprises is one of Santa Cruz County's larger employers, with over 600 employees.