Join Waste Connections, Inc., and Connect with Your Future!
Voted one of the top 200 small and mid-cap companies in America by Forbes Magazine three years in a row. Waste Connections, Inc. (NYSE: WCN) is growing throughout the U.S.. Our range of services include solid waste collection, transfer, disposal and recycling to approximately 2 million commercial, industrial and residential customers in 31 states.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs repairs and assigned preventative maintenance services.
• Performs routine inspection and maintenance on vehicles such as checking oil, water, and tires.
• Conducts safety checks on vehicles and equipment.
• Completes required paperwork associated with repairs and documenting parts usage.
• Performs maintenance related work as required.
• Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with corporate and OSHA standards.
• Ability to perform maintenance and repairs to conveyors.
• Performs electrical maintenance and repairs to equipment.
• Ability to effectively communicate needed repairs or tasks.
• Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
• Promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
• Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
• The schedule for this position is 7:30pm-6am Monday-Friday.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Work environment involves some exposure to hazards or physical risks, which require following basic safety precautions.
• Proficiency in vehicle and equipment diagnosis and repair.
• Work environment consists of constant exposure to machinery and occasional dusty areas.
• Ability to lift up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
• Ability to read and comprehend service and technical information.
• Ability to read, understand, follow, and enforce safety procedures.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• High school diploma or GED.
• Welding experience preferred.
• 1 year of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified or completion of accredited vocational technical school program.
Successful candidates are those who seek to thrive in an environment of operational excellence and accountability. We offer excellent benefits including: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending account, long term disability, life insurance, 401K retirement and unlimited opportunities to "Connect with Your Future".
Waste Connections is an Affirmative Action /Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/D/V).
How The Waste Was Won (with apologies to John Ford) would tell how Waste Connections has come to provide solid waste collection, transfer,...